Agencies line up for Barclays DM review
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 July 2010 08:00AM
Barclays is holding a review of its consumer-facing direct marketing arrangements.
The company has contacted roster agencies with a view to holding a pitch for the business later this month. An appointment is expected to follow soon afterwards.
The successful shop will be responsible for overseeing all of the brand’s retail work, which is currently handled by agencies on a project basis.
Barclays uses a number of agencies across its direct roster, including EHS 4D, Iris, Rapp, Soho Square and Balloon Dog.
Bartle Bogle Hegarty handles the company’s above-the-line advertising, with digital work overseen by Dare. Walker Media is the incumbent on all of Barclays’ media planning and buying business.
Barclays has worked hard in recent months to try to create a brand that appeals more readily to a younger generation of consumers.
The company recently launched a virtual reality campaign, called 56 Sage Street, which challenged gamers to improve their social status by using money sensibly.
It has also introduced "Barclays Live", a talent contest aiming to find the UK’s best dance act.
Earlier this year, Barclays launched a campaign to promote the bank’s ability to help its customers’ money go further. Created by BBH, the humorous television ads featured a voiceover from The Office writer Stephen Merchant.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Digital Media Consultant Silverdrum £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience + uncapped commission, London (Greater)
- Account Director - B2B and IT David Thatcher Recruitment £45-55k, West London, M40 Corridor
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show