Agencies line up for Barclays DM review
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 July 2010 08:00AM
Barclays is holding a review of its consumer-facing direct marketing arrangements.
The company has contacted roster agencies with a view to holding a pitch for the business later this month. An appointment is expected to follow soon afterwards.
The successful shop will be responsible for overseeing all of the brand’s retail work, which is currently handled by agencies on a project basis.
Barclays uses a number of agencies across its direct roster, including EHS 4D, Iris, Rapp, Soho Square and Balloon Dog.
Bartle Bogle Hegarty handles the company’s above-the-line advertising, with digital work overseen by Dare. Walker Media is the incumbent on all of Barclays’ media planning and buying business.
Barclays has worked hard in recent months to try to create a brand that appeals more readily to a younger generation of consumers.
The company recently launched a virtual reality campaign, called 56 Sage Street, which challenged gamers to improve their social status by using money sensibly.
It has also introduced "Barclays Live", a talent contest aiming to find the UK’s best dance act.
Earlier this year, Barclays launched a campaign to promote the bank’s ability to help its customers’ money go further. Created by BBH, the humorous television ads featured a voiceover from The Office writer Stephen Merchant.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Classified Sales Executive - lifestyle magazine! Ultimate Asset £18000 per annum + bonus, Bristol
- Data Analyst - Media Agency Lipton Fleming £20000 - £24000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Research Manager Lipton Fleming £35000 - £45000 per annum + Handsome benefits, London
- Junior Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Online Trading Manager - Leading Retailer Salt £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Birmingham
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy