UKTV and Channel 4 agree 10-year ad sales deal
UKTV and Channel 4 have reached agreement for Channel 4 Sales to become the exclusive advertising representative for the UKTV portfolio.
Under the terms of the 10-year agreement, Channel 4 Sales will represent UKTV as its sole advertising sales agent across its full portfolio of services including 10 linear channels, VOD services and websites replacing Virgin Media-owned IDS.
The UKTV rebranded linear portfolio, including Freeview channels Yesterday and Dave, reaches more than 37 million people every month across its entertainment, factual and lifestyle channels.
The portfolio includes four of the top 10 pay entertainment channels and the UK’s leading lifestyle and factual channels and the deal follows a long period of speculation.
Julia Jordan, executive director, business and operations at UKTV, said: "UKTV with IDS has enjoyed a long history of delivering high quality, innovative and creative solutions to the advertising market.
"Cementing a long term relationship with Channel 4, is a fabulous marriage of complementary brands and cultures representing the highest quality product, leadership and innovation to the market and we look forward to building on IDS’ stellar performance."
Andy Barnes, director of advertising at Channel 4, said: "As TV audiences get more and more fragmented, we believe that consolidation in TV advertising sales is inevitable and will unlock benefits which will be of real value to the whole industry."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Analytics Manager | 3 months Contract Salt £350 - £450 per day, City of London
- Senior Account Manager or Account Director - Branding & Design Royds Raphael £220-£280 day rate, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Creative Design & Brand Agency Royds Raphael £45k-£50k+neg, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad