The Assembly wins John le Carré book launch task
Book publisher Penguin has appointed The Assembly to create an ad campaign around the autumn launch of John le Carré's new book 'Our Kind of Traitor' following a competitive pitch against undisclosed agencies.
The novel is released on 16 September and is Penguin's first book by the best-selling author. The Assembly's ad campaign will include an outdoor campaign, experiential work and online and social media.
Penguin has asked The Assembly to adopt an "untraditional" approach to advertising the book to appeal to a fresh and younger audience as well as the spy genre's traditional readership.
Trevor Hardy, co-founder of The Assembly, said: "Penguin is one Britain's most iconic brands and we are hugely excited to be working on a brief for such an acclaimed author that challenges us to break the mould of traditional book advertising and attract a new audience for John le Carré's espionage classics."
The Assembly will also work on further activity around book launches early next year and support the reissuing of John le Carré's previous books, under the Penguin Classics umbrella.
John le Carré switched to Penguin last autumn after 38 years with rival publisher Hodder & Stoughton.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director. Red Sofa London £60000 - £75000 per annum, London
- Senior Integrated Producer - £55-60K Source £55000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign