Chime Communications buys agency to bolster sports division
By Joe Thomas, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 13 July 2010 11:45AM
Chime Communications has acquired global sporting events consultancy Pmplegacy to beef up its sports marketing division.
Chime has acquired the consultancy from parent company Pmpgenesis, to develop its offering in helping cities win sporting events.
Pmplegacy was founded by Peter Mann and has worked on a wide range of major events including Olympic and Paralympic Games; Youth Olympic Games; Asian and Commonwealth Games and cricket, football and rugby world cups.
Pmplegacy has also worked with many international federations including Fifa, the IRB and FIBA, as well national governing bodies the RFU, the FA, the LTA, the British Equestrian Federation and England Netball.
Jim Glover, chief executive of the sports marketing division of Chime Communications, said: "Developing global major event bidding expertise is a clear area of focus for the sports marketing division of Chime Communications.
"As our work is increasingly becoming more international, this acquisition marks an important move for us in our ambition to work even more closely with cities, governing bodies and bid committees, on insightful strategies and activation plans to win major global events."
Chime’s sports marketing division currently includes Fast Track, Essentially and Stuart Higgins Communications.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Events Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Adam Recruitment Ã‚£25000 - Ã‚£35000 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Account Manager/ Junior Account Director - Brand Coms ADLIB £33k - £38k , Bristol
- Digital Project Manager - Senior Premier Media Negotiable, London
- Channel Marketing Manager, London, up to £46k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £46000 per annum, Benefits: +Bonus & Benefits, North London
- Graduate Insight Executive Elizabeth Norman International Ã‚£18000 - Ã‚£20000 per annum, London