UKTV's Gold turns to Suggs and Madness to promote summer schedule
UKTV channel Gold is to launch an ad campaign starring singer Suggs and his band Madness this Friday (16 July) to promote its summer season of programming.
The campaign will revolve around the Madness song 'House of Fun' which will be the theme for all of Gold’s summer promos and branding elements from Friday until the end of August.
A spokesman for UKTV said the campaign is borne out of the idea that the behaviour of Brits during the summer is "Madness" as the British public get out their bad tattoos, wear socks with sandals and men take their tops off at any opportunity.
The four ads, which were made by Red Bee media, feature Suggs and Madness in front of a graphic of the Gold mind map and feature the new tagline "Stick Something Funny On".
Julia Restall, marketing manager at Gold says: "This summer Gold took inspiration from the hilarious reaction Brits have to the sun every year.
"The first sunny day we have seems to send us into a spiral of madness, flashing our white bits, getting burnt to a crisp and generally feeling giddy that summer is finally here."
The ad will run across the UKTV channels and will be supported online with exclusive behind the scenes clips and an extended version of the promo on the Gold website, www.golaughdaily.co.uk.
UKTV rebranded UKTV Gold to Gold, which originally stood for Go On Laugh Daily, in October 2008 as part of the overhaul of its 10 channels and is available on Sky, Virgin and Top Up TV.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Manager - Brand Accounts!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England
- Customer Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + c/a, South East England
- Senior Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + car or c/a, London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham