CBS Outdoor appoints Harrington to lead marketing and new business
Outdoor media owner CBS Outdoor has appointed former News International and Telegraph marketer Simon Harrington to the new position of marketing and new business director.
Harrington will be responsible for developing an overall strategy for CBS Outdoor's external brand profile to better communicate the properties and audience its UK business delivers to advertisers.
In his new role Harrington will sit on the UK operating board and work with the rest of the management team on overall strategy and will report to managing director Mike Moran.
From August last year Harrington worked in a consolatory capacity as director of promotions across News International's tabloid papers for nine months and was responsible for developing and implementing a new integrated promotional strategy.
Prior to working at News International Harrington worked at Telegraph Media Group as head of sales, marketing and promotions where he developed and implemented the marketing and promotional strategies to drive newspaper sales and online traffic.
Moran, managing director at CBS Outdoor UK, said: "Simon will bring a wealth of marketing experience and insight to CBS Outdoor and his excellent blend of client and media owner role history will serve us well as we develop our proposition, research insights and new revenue streams over the next few years.
"He will also be working closely on the unique marketing opportunities that being London 2012's official outdoor media partner gives us".
CBS Outdoor's last marketing director Carol Wolrich left as part of a restructure in September 2008.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Inhouse EMEA Marketing Director - Technology Media Recruitment £100k+, London (City of), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager / Project Manager ADLIB £24000 - £30000 per annum, Swindon
- POWERPOINT OPERATOR 35K LONDON Creative Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Account Director Major Players £42000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Product Sub Editor and Translator (German speaking) Major Players £25000 - £40000 per annum, London
- ASA receives 240 complaints about Sainsbury's Christmas ad
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran