Adidas moves global ad account from 180 Amsterdam to Sid Lee
By Mark Banham, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 19 July 2010 10:56AM
Adidas is to shift its global advertising account from incumbent 180 Amsterdam to the Canadian agency Sid Lee without a pitch.
The agency is now in the process of finishing some projects for Adidas but will transfer the account over the coming months.
The partnership between 180 Amsterdam and Adidas is one of the longest running in advertising. It has held the Adidas account for the past twelve years.
180 also counts Motorola, General Motors and Amstel among its clients.
Sid Lee already holds the Adidas Originals account, which deals with retro footwear and urban wear.
In June, the Montreal-based agency launched a visually arresting homage to the infamous Star Wars cantina scene for Adidas Originals. It included dance duo Daft Punk, international footballer and brand ambassador David Beckham and rap artist Snoop Dog, who challenges the various alien bar patrons to a lightsaber fight.
Sid Lee has held the Adidas Originals account since 2008 when it won the account as part of a pitch involving 180.
The agency won the advertising, branding, retail design, experiential and interactive communications account for the brand.
In July, 180 launched a spot online which celebrates the F50 Adizero as the top scoring boot in the World Cup.
The ad, which is running across Europe, follows a young South African football fan who puts a mark on a poster for the F50 every time a goal is scored by a player wearing the boot.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Recruitment Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PROJECT MANAGER - AGENCY - £45K Salt £45000 per annum, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £55,000, London
- Marketing Manager / In-House Marketing Manager Guru Careers £35 - 45k (DOE), Based in Southampton, Hampshire (SO14) - commutable from Eastleigh, Portsmouth, Salisbury
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Dare creates European Ryanair ads
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare