Barclaycard hires Bibby to chief marketing officer role
Barclaycard has hired former InterContinental Hotels (IHG) marketer Nina Bibby to the role of global chief marketing officer (CMO).
Bibby, who left her position as senior vice-president for global brand management at IHG in December, replaces interim CMO Michelle Bottomley, who will continue to head up Barclaycard’s North American marketing.
Bottomley only occupied the job for six months and will remain based in the US for "family reasons".
In her new role, Bibby will report directly to Barclaycard chief executive Valerie Soranno Keating, and will liaise with newly appointed global retail banking (GRB) chief marketing officer Michelle McEttrick.
Bibby said she was "thrilled to have this opportunity" and called Barclaycard "an iconic UK brand". She added: "The business has exciting growth plans in the UK and internationally. It’s an exciting business and an exciting opportunity."
Prior to joining IHG, Bibby had a spell as commercial strategy director at drinks company Diageo.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Creative Recruitment Consultant, Digital/Direct Marketing Consultancy Direct Recruitment 25k-59k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad