Barclaycard hires Bibby to chief marketing officer role
Barclaycard has hired former InterContinental Hotels (IHG) marketer Nina Bibby to the role of global chief marketing officer (CMO).
Bibby, who left her position as senior vice-president for global brand management at IHG in December, replaces interim CMO Michelle Bottomley, who will continue to head up Barclaycard’s North American marketing.
Bottomley only occupied the job for six months and will remain based in the US for "family reasons".
In her new role, Bibby will report directly to Barclaycard chief executive Valerie Soranno Keating, and will liaise with newly appointed global retail banking (GRB) chief marketing officer Michelle McEttrick.
Bibby said she was "thrilled to have this opportunity" and called Barclaycard "an iconic UK brand". She added: "The business has exciting growth plans in the UK and internationally. It’s an exciting business and an exciting opportunity."
Prior to joining IHG, Bibby had a spell as commercial strategy director at drinks company Diageo.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Digital Account Manager (Surrey) become £35k, Surrey
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief