Barclaycard hires Bibby to chief marketing officer role
Barclaycard has hired former InterContinental Hotels (IHG) marketer Nina Bibby to the role of global chief marketing officer (CMO).
Bibby, who left her position as senior vice-president for global brand management at IHG in December, replaces interim CMO Michelle Bottomley, who will continue to head up Barclaycard’s North American marketing.
Bottomley only occupied the job for six months and will remain based in the US for "family reasons".
In her new role, Bibby will report directly to Barclaycard chief executive Valerie Soranno Keating, and will liaise with newly appointed global retail banking (GRB) chief marketing officer Michelle McEttrick.
Bibby said she was "thrilled to have this opportunity" and called Barclaycard "an iconic UK brand". She added: "The business has exciting growth plans in the UK and internationally. It’s an exciting business and an exciting opportunity."
Prior to joining IHG, Bibby had a spell as commercial strategy director at drinks company Diageo.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Executive - Media Planning dmpeople £20,000-£28,000, Central London
- Digital Marketing Manager dmpeople Between £40,000 and £50,000, Oxfordshire
- Senior Account Manager Synergy Sponsorship Competitive, London (Central),
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- Has JCDecaux chosen the wrong time to abandon its trade body?
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role