Barclaycard hires Bibby to chief marketing officer role
Barclaycard has hired former InterContinental Hotels (IHG) marketer Nina Bibby to the role of global chief marketing officer (CMO).
Bibby, who left her position as senior vice-president for global brand management at IHG in December, replaces interim CMO Michelle Bottomley, who will continue to head up Barclaycard’s North American marketing.
Bottomley only occupied the job for six months and will remain based in the US for "family reasons".
In her new role, Bibby will report directly to Barclaycard chief executive Valerie Soranno Keating, and will liaise with newly appointed global retail banking (GRB) chief marketing officer Michelle McEttrick.
Bibby said she was "thrilled to have this opportunity" and called Barclaycard "an iconic UK brand". She added: "The business has exciting growth plans in the UK and internationally. It’s an exciting business and an exciting opportunity."
Prior to joining IHG, Bibby had a spell as commercial strategy director at drinks company Diageo.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Account Director Purple Consultancy £45000 - £55000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Director Purple Consultancy £50000 - £75000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Product Design Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £55000 per annum, Merseyside
- Comms Acount Director- Leading Beauty FMCG - £55K Ultimate Asset £45000 - £55000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film