Opel reviews pan-European advertising arrangements
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 July 2010 10:40AM
Opel, the General Motors-owned car manufacturer, is reviewing its pan-European advertising account.
The review is being run out of the company's German headquarters, and Opel is in talks with roster and non- roster agencies about the business, which incorporates all of the brand's advertising across the European markets in which Opel is sold.
The advertising business in the UK, where Opel cars are branded as Vauxhall, is unaffected by the process.
Opel currently works with a number of agencies, including Amsterdam Worldwide, McCann Erickson and Lowe. Last year, it picked Amsterdam Worldwide to handle the pan-European advertising for the launch of the new Opel Meriva, which was unveiled earlier this year.
Media planning and buying across Europe is overseen by Carat, which retained the business in January after a pitch against two other networks.
Carat has held the £400 million account since 2006, when it won it from Universal McCann and Initiative.
Opel announced its new marketing vision early this year, following the appointment of Nick Reilly as the chief executive.
The company confirmed that General Motors will keep using the Vauxhall marque in the UK, and also introduced a new positioning for Opel, "Wir leben Autos" ("We live cars"), which will be used in all non-UK campaigns.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT AGENCY Live Recruitment £16000 - £21000 per annum, Buckinghamshire / Northamptonshire
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - DESIGN AGENCY Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, Melbourne, Derbyshire
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER / ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Harefield, London (Greater)
- Principle Consultant, Employee Research Hasson Associates £65,000 - £70,000, Surrey
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred