Initiative and Essence scoop Ancestry media brief
By Mark Banham, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 July 2010 11:15AM
Initiative has won the £4m media planning and buying account for the genealogy website Ancestry.co.uk.
The Interpublic agency won the brief in partnership with the digital agency Essence Media, which picked up the online portion of the business, after a pitch against undisclosed agencies. The incumbent was Brilliant Media.
The site, which maps an individual's family tree, launched a campaign with the tagline "Find us" last year through the incumbent creative agency, HMDG.
Jonathan Saverimuttu, the Ancestry.co.uk acquisition marketing director, said: "The appointment of Initiative and Essence Media is a key part of driving Ancestry.com growth in the UK market."
Gary Birtles, the chief executive of Initiative UK, said: "Ancestry has a great product and we are delighted to be working with their UK business as they seek to grow their audience."
Ancestry.co.uk has the world's largest collection of family trees, with more than 1.7 billion profiles from more than 100 countries.
The site faces competition in the UK from smaller sites including Family Search, but also from the increasingly popular Genes Reunited, an offshoot of Friends Reunited.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Ecommerce (8 month maternity contract) Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Events Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham