StrawberryFrog scoops Emirates £160m global ad account
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 26 July 2010 11:00AM
Airline Emirates has appointed StrawberryFrog Amsterdam to handle its £160m global advertising account.
The agency won the account, which was put up for review last June, following a competitive pitch.
StrawberryFrog will be responsible for developing and rolling out a new brand platform for Emirates across 80 markets, as the national airline for Dubai looks to become one of the world's most recognised global names.
Emirates divisional senior vice-president corporate communications, Boutros Boutros, said: "StrawberryFrog presented some outstanding and innovative ideas that connected with our vision of where we want to take our brand, as we evolve and enter a new growth phase."
He added: "As our global lead communications partner, we look forward to working with them to define and create a new category in the evolving media landscape, one that reflects our values and global aspirations."
Last August, Emirates moved its £3.5m UK advertising account out of Leagas Delaney and into VCCP, without a pitch. VCCP was asked to handle the business after its presentation for the global advertising account.
In 2008, Emirates consolidated its global media business into Publicis Groupe Media. The network, led by Starcom MediaVest, beat OMD in a final shoot-out.
Picture credit: JH Lancy
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Lively Account Executive Famous consumer Brand- £23/24K Barker Graves £23/24K, London
- Digital Media Recruitment Consultant Silverdrum £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience + uncapped commission, London (Greater)
- Senior Designer createselect £40-50K pa, depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)