Rapp wins Bacardi's UK digital advertising account
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 29 July 2010 11:25AM
Bacardi has appointed Rapp to handle its UK digital advertising account after a five-month pitch process against undisclosed agencies.
The drinks company has worked with digital agencies on a project basis, but has now appointed a retained roster shop in an effort to improve the creative output for future marketing campaigns.
The appointment does not affect Bacardi's relationship with glue Isobar, which handles its global digital advertising account. Rapp will now oversee all digital strategy and execution for Bacardi UK, with its first campaign set to launch later this year.
The agency will work closely with Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, which handles both Bacardi's UK and global above-the-line work.
RKCR/Y&R's most recent campaign for the brand, which broke late last year, featured people on boats throwing rocks into the sea to create a makeshift island.
Among the agencies that Bacardi has worked with on digital campaigns are Lean Mean Fighting Machine, which was appointed in December last year to create an campaign promoting "Bacardi ten4", a competition that gave groups of friends the chance to win a week on a luxury yacht in the Caribbean.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London