Channel 4 Sales to restructure
EXCLUSIVE: Channel 4 Sales is set to restructure its 175-strong sales force into multi-disciplinary agency teams following a comprehensive review by Boston Consulting Group led by sales director Andy Barnes.
A spokesman for Channel 4 stressed the creation of agency-focused teams from September has not resulted in any job losses.
The sales team at Channel 4 was previously divided into product divisions, including trading, future media, strategic sales and sponsorship and airtime management.
Each agency team will incorporate specialists from each discipline and have a single agency lead that will provide a single point of contact for each agency and be knowledgeable about Channel 4 Sales' entire product portfolio.
It was revealed here in May that Channel 4 was working with BCG on a review of its sales team to look at how it can take advantage of changes in the ad sales and audio visual market.
BCG has previously worked as a consultant with ITV and BSkyB, resulting in significant departures at both broadcasters.
Following the restructure, Channel 4 will also introduce a portfolio and airtime management team. This will be a single team focused on balancing client relations and airtime optimisation, and dedicated portfolio teams that will work with their agency counterparts.
Andy Barnes, sales director at Channel 4, said: "I believe the new structure will result in a more integrated cross-product sales effort with better and clearer communication to our customers.
"It will allow us to sell a comprehensive product in a way that is efficient and flexible and it will ensure that Channel 4 Sales is best placed to achieve continued success in an increasingly converged and consolidated media environment."
Staff are being informed about the changes today following a process that has taken the broadcaster longer than expected. Chief executive David Abraham last month believed the restructure would be complete in early July.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Retail Store Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £33000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show