Nestlé invites fans to be part of new Milkybar campaign
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 02 August 2010 12:01AM
Nestlé is promoting its new variant, Milkybar Raisin & Biscuit, by offering adults the chance to participate in an ad campaign by impersonating the Milkybar kid.
The "Ungrow up" campaign, created by WPP-owned Santo, launches today (2 August) with a range of television spots, outdoor advertising and a major digital campaign.
Nestlé claims that it will be its biggest spend on a Milkybar campaign to date.
Initial activity centres on encouraging members of the public to compete for the chance to feature in the next "Ungrow up" ad by uploading their impersonation of the Milkybar kid to the website, milkybar.co.uk.
To help their impersonation the Milkybar kid's famous glasses and hat will be superimposed on their face via an online audition process. As part of the campaign, Nestlé has created a downloadable "make me famous" social media guide for entrants to promote their audition tapes.
A spokesman for Nestlé said: "There is a MilkyBar kid in all of us and we hope that Milkybar raisin and biscuit will encourage all adults to join the 'Ungrow up' campaign."
The previous incumbent on the Milkybar account was JWT.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director / Senior Account Director - Stunning Agency Fill Recruitment to £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital and Integrated Planner air recruitment Up to £60K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CREATIVE LEAD - EVENTS & EXPERIENTIAL Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- DIGITAL DESIGNER Live Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, City of London