Nestlé invites fans to be part of new Milkybar campaign
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 02 August 2010 12:01AM
Nestlé is promoting its new variant, Milkybar Raisin & Biscuit, by offering adults the chance to participate in an ad campaign by impersonating the Milkybar kid.
The "Ungrow up" campaign, created by WPP-owned Santo, launches today (2 August) with a range of television spots, outdoor advertising and a major digital campaign.
Nestlé claims that it will be its biggest spend on a Milkybar campaign to date.
Initial activity centres on encouraging members of the public to compete for the chance to feature in the next "Ungrow up" ad by uploading their impersonation of the Milkybar kid to the website, milkybar.co.uk.
To help their impersonation the Milkybar kid's famous glasses and hat will be superimposed on their face via an online audition process. As part of the campaign, Nestlé has created a downloadable "make me famous" social media guide for entrants to promote their audition tapes.
A spokesman for Nestlé said: "There is a MilkyBar kid in all of us and we hope that Milkybar raisin and biscuit will encourage all adults to join the 'Ungrow up' campaign."
The previous incumbent on the Milkybar account was JWT.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Brand Client Partners - Leading Media Agency - Global Client Ultimate Asset £70000 - £80000 per annum + great benefits package, City of London
- Comms Planning Manager - Gaming/Entertainment Brand - Media Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + great benefits package, City of London
- Senior Account Manager / Account Manager David Thatcher Recruitment £32-40k dep experience, Surrey