Nestlé invites fans to be part of new Milkybar campaign
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 02 August 2010 12:01AM
Nestlé is promoting its new variant, Milkybar Raisin & Biscuit, by offering adults the chance to participate in an ad campaign by impersonating the Milkybar kid.
The "Ungrow up" campaign, created by WPP-owned Santo, launches today (2 August) with a range of television spots, outdoor advertising and a major digital campaign.
Nestlé claims that it will be its biggest spend on a Milkybar campaign to date.
Initial activity centres on encouraging members of the public to compete for the chance to feature in the next "Ungrow up" ad by uploading their impersonation of the Milkybar kid to the website, milkybar.co.uk.
To help their impersonation the Milkybar kid's famous glasses and hat will be superimposed on their face via an online audition process. As part of the campaign, Nestlé has created a downloadable "make me famous" social media guide for entrants to promote their audition tapes.
A spokesman for Nestlé said: "There is a MilkyBar kid in all of us and we hope that Milkybar raisin and biscuit will encourage all adults to join the 'Ungrow up' campaign."
The previous incumbent on the Milkybar account was JWT.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Retail Store Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £33000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show