Npower backs Football League tie-up
Npower is launching a marketing blitz to promote its first season as sponsor of the Football League, which kicks off this weekend.
The energy company is rolling out a TV, radio, print and digital push under the tagline ‘Your Hometeam’, which plays on the idea of supporting a local team, as well as promoting Npower’s maintenance service.
The Football League is taking the unusual step of announcing the introduction of Npower as its title sponsor, replacing Coca-Cola, with a print ad that carries the line ‘Welcome to our new star player.’
Npower will also be tying up with The Sun newspaper and radio station Talksport to promote the start of the 2010/11 season, which begins on Friday with a Championship tie between Norwich City and Watford.
In a week-long promotion, Talksport will give away £45 vouchers to spend at Football League club shops. It will also unveil the new Npower Trophy for the winners of League One and League Two. The Sun, meanwhile, will be offering free tickets to matches.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Client Director- Events & corporate comms Mustard Jobs up to £60,000 depending on experience, London OR Manchester
- Integrated Account Manager Daniel Marks London £25-30K + Benefits, Central London
- Integrated Account Director Daniel Marks London £45-50k + Benefits, Central London
- Account Director for agency in North London Gabriele Skelton £50000 - £55000 per annum, London