Npower backs Football League tie-up
Npower is launching a marketing blitz to promote its first season as sponsor of the Football League, which kicks off this weekend.
The energy company is rolling out a TV, radio, print and digital push under the tagline ‘Your Hometeam’, which plays on the idea of supporting a local team, as well as promoting Npower’s maintenance service.
The Football League is taking the unusual step of announcing the introduction of Npower as its title sponsor, replacing Coca-Cola, with a print ad that carries the line ‘Welcome to our new star player.’
Npower will also be tying up with The Sun newspaper and radio station Talksport to promote the start of the 2010/11 season, which begins on Friday with a Championship tie between Norwich City and Watford.
In a week-long promotion, Talksport will give away £45 vouchers to spend at Football League club shops. It will also unveil the new Npower Trophy for the winners of League One and League Two. The Sun, meanwhile, will be offering free tickets to matches.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Account Director - Leading Retail Fashion Brand!! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - CHARITY CLIENT - INDEPENDENT MEDIA AGENCY! Ultimate Asset £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + car or c/a, West Midlands
- Marketing Controller Ball & Hoolahan £85,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Pepsi Max pranks cinemagoers for Halloween