Npower backs Football League tie-up
Npower is launching a marketing blitz to promote its first season as sponsor of the Football League, which kicks off this weekend.
The energy company is rolling out a TV, radio, print and digital push under the tagline ‘Your Hometeam’, which plays on the idea of supporting a local team, as well as promoting Npower’s maintenance service.
The Football League is taking the unusual step of announcing the introduction of Npower as its title sponsor, replacing Coca-Cola, with a print ad that carries the line ‘Welcome to our new star player.’
Npower will also be tying up with The Sun newspaper and radio station Talksport to promote the start of the 2010/11 season, which begins on Friday with a Championship tie between Norwich City and Watford.
In a week-long promotion, Talksport will give away £45 vouchers to spend at Football League club shops. It will also unveil the new Npower Trophy for the winners of League One and League Two. The Sun, meanwhile, will be offering free tickets to matches.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Designer Zebra People £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Director Gemini Search £50000 - £60000 per annum, City of London
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch