Tech brands ready iPad rivals
By Jennifer Whitehead, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 03 August 2010 08:00AM
Technology brands are set to plough millions of pounds into marketing campaigns as they take on Apple in the burgeoning tablet computer market.
Samsung and BlackBerry manufacturer Research in Motion are among those planning to roll out rivals to Apple's iPad in the run-up to Christmas, with the backing of major integrated campaigns.
Samsung's Galaxy Tab could be unveiled as early next week. It will be joined by challengers such as Lenovo's LePad. Acer and T-Mobile are also set to unveil tablets, while Dell recently launched its Streak hybrid device.
Francisco Jeronimo, research manager for European consumer wireless and mobile communications at IDC, believes there will be sufficient consumer demand for brands to generate a return on their marketing investment.
'It will be the biggest hit of Christmas,' he said. 'As volumes increase, prices will come down, that's where the market opportunity lies.'
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Business Director Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager/ Ad Ops Europe Aspire Mobile c£45,000 + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Agency Sales Account Director - Mobile Location Advertising Aspire Mobile c£70,000 + 50% bonus , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media