Tech brands ready iPad rivals
By Jennifer Whitehead, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 03 August 2010 08:00AM
Technology brands are set to plough millions of pounds into marketing campaigns as they take on Apple in the burgeoning tablet computer market.
Samsung and BlackBerry manufacturer Research in Motion are among those planning to roll out rivals to Apple's iPad in the run-up to Christmas, with the backing of major integrated campaigns.
Samsung's Galaxy Tab could be unveiled as early next week. It will be joined by challengers such as Lenovo's LePad. Acer and T-Mobile are also set to unveil tablets, while Dell recently launched its Streak hybrid device.
Francisco Jeronimo, research manager for European consumer wireless and mobile communications at IDC, believes there will be sufficient consumer demand for brands to generate a return on their marketing investment.
'It will be the biggest hit of Christmas,' he said. 'As volumes increase, prices will come down, that's where the market opportunity lies.'
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- DIGITAL ACCOUNT MANAGER / £35K + Benefits Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure