Tech brands ready iPad rivals
By Jennifer Whitehead, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 03 August 2010 08:00AM
Technology brands are set to plough millions of pounds into marketing campaigns as they take on Apple in the burgeoning tablet computer market.
Samsung and BlackBerry manufacturer Research in Motion are among those planning to roll out rivals to Apple's iPad in the run-up to Christmas, with the backing of major integrated campaigns.
Samsung's Galaxy Tab could be unveiled as early next week. It will be joined by challengers such as Lenovo's LePad. Acer and T-Mobile are also set to unveil tablets, while Dell recently launched its Streak hybrid device.
Francisco Jeronimo, research manager for European consumer wireless and mobile communications at IDC, believes there will be sufficient consumer demand for brands to generate a return on their marketing investment.
'It will be the biggest hit of Christmas,' he said. 'As volumes increase, prices will come down, that's where the market opportunity lies.'
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Media Sales Surrey and Berkshire Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential & Bens, London
- Senior Account Manager Brand Recruitment salary dependent on experience , Cambridge
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Apple unveils 'biggest advancement in the iPhone' and 'Apple Watch'