Pizza Hut launches A-Team pizza campaign
By Jacob Mathias, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 05 August 2010 02:15PM
Pizza Hut has launched a digital media campaign and themed pizzas to promote its tie with summer blockbuster film 'The A-Team.'
The "Hungry for Action" campaign was produced by digital marketing agency Blue Barracuda and includes a microsite, Facebook game, and online marketing campaign, which will promote the film and restaurant brand partnership and drive pizza sales.
The Facebook game, 'Hungry for A-Team Action', is built around the popular Facebook Pizza Hut game, 'Pass It Around Pizza'.
Players will have the chance to fight the American army as a member of 'The A-Team' and collect film themed pizzas including the Cheesy Faceman Pizza, the Howling Mad Veggie Pizza, the BA Meat Machine Pizza and the Hannibal Hot Pizza.
The game will be promoted on Facebook, Kiss 100 and ExchangeLabs along with a radio ad campaign booked by Starcom.
The ad campaign uses time targeted, demographically targeted, geo-targeted, contextually targeted and behaviorally targeted media to engage the appropriate consumers and sell pizzas.
Murray Willows, Pizza Hut chief marketing officer, said: "We have created a range of new pizzas to promote our partnership with this Summer's blockbuster action film, 'The A-Team' and the game is the perfect way to engage consumers.
"We liked the retro design of the last game Blue Barracuda created, the football-themed Pass it around pizza, which was incredibly successful, generating over a quarter of a million plays and counting."
'The A-Team' was released in the UK on 30 July.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Creative Strategist- £65k - Well known FMCG Brands Gemini Search £65000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, West Midlands
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Email Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show