Pizza Hut launches A-Team pizza campaign
By Jacob Mathias, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 05 August 2010 02:15PM
Pizza Hut has launched a digital media campaign and themed pizzas to promote its tie with summer blockbuster film 'The A-Team.'
The "Hungry for Action" campaign was produced by digital marketing agency Blue Barracuda and includes a microsite, Facebook game, and online marketing campaign, which will promote the film and restaurant brand partnership and drive pizza sales.
The Facebook game, 'Hungry for A-Team Action', is built around the popular Facebook Pizza Hut game, 'Pass It Around Pizza'.
Players will have the chance to fight the American army as a member of 'The A-Team' and collect film themed pizzas including the Cheesy Faceman Pizza, the Howling Mad Veggie Pizza, the BA Meat Machine Pizza and the Hannibal Hot Pizza.
The game will be promoted on Facebook, Kiss 100 and ExchangeLabs along with a radio ad campaign booked by Starcom.
The ad campaign uses time targeted, demographically targeted, geo-targeted, contextually targeted and behaviorally targeted media to engage the appropriate consumers and sell pizzas.
Murray Willows, Pizza Hut chief marketing officer, said: "We have created a range of new pizzas to promote our partnership with this Summer's blockbuster action film, 'The A-Team' and the game is the perfect way to engage consumers.
"We liked the retro design of the last game Blue Barracuda created, the football-themed Pass it around pizza, which was incredibly successful, generating over a quarter of a million plays and counting."
'The A-Team' was released in the UK on 30 July.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency