Apple's iPad is only reaching out to the converted
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 06 August 2010 11:51AM
Nearly all iPad owners already own another Apple product, according to new research by YouGov.
In the two months since the iPad launched in the UK, YouGov has found that 96% of the 713 iPad owners surveyed owned products such as an iPod, iPhone or Mac.
Russell Feldman, YouGov’s technology and telecoms research manager, said: ‘By Christmas this is expected to be a much more crowded marketplace, with a number of consumer goods brands providing alternatives to the iPad.’
A total of 713 UK iPad owners were interviewed in the online study between 27 July and 2 August.
BlackBerry manufacturer Research in Motion and Samsung are both expected to launch a rival to the iPad before Christmas. Acer and T-Mobile are also tipped to enter the tablet market in the next few months.
In Apple’s recent 2010 Q3 results, ending 26 June, it attributed a 77% increase in profit to sales of its Mac, iPhone and iPad. The company sold 3.47 million Macs, 8.4 million iPhones, 9.41 million iPods and 3.27 million iPads during the quarter.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Communications Manager Stopgap £30000 - £40000 per annum, South East England
- Senior Marketing Officer Stopgap £34600 - £40834 per annum, London
- Senior Marketing Officer Stopgap £36000 - £40000 per annum, London
- PRESENTATION DESIGNER Live Recruitment Negotiable, London
- SENIOR CONCEPTUAL COPYWRITER Live Recruitment Negotiable, Buckinghamshire
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne