Orange launches 'mobile volunteer' project
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 10 August 2010 11:35AM
Orange has launched an online community for social entrepreneurs, charities and developers, designed to generate volunteering ideas for mobile phone users.
The concept generates ideas for quick volunteering projects instead of the usual time-demanding activities. For example, users could agree to fill in charity research during a 10-minute commute.
Orange will choose the best submitted ideas and convert them into a mobile volunteering app, although no time frame has been given as to when this will happen.
The mobile brand has already associated itself with volunteering through its RockCorps initiative, which offered rewards of gig tickets in return for time spent working for charities.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Barclay Meade £42000 per annum + Bonus , Oxfordshire
- Middleweight Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £23000 - £26000 per annum, Benefits: + benefits, Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Digital and Media Director - Christian Charity CHM £45,000 + Excellent Benefits package , Weybridge, Surrey
- Marketing Manager - Global Financial Services Company - Basildon- up to 55K Objective People Up to 55K, Basildon, Essex
- Digital Account Director - Telecoms & Media Ascent Solutions Up to £50,000 per annum + benefits, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London...
- Half of online advertising will be wasted
- Brands make the most of Germany's dramatic victory over Brazil
- Camelot launches first ad for all National Lottery brands
- Imperial War Museum releases film announcing WWI exhibition
- Sponsors congratulate Novak Djokovic on Wimbledon win
- Starcom MediaVest Group to move to Turnmills