Orange launches 'mobile volunteer' project
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 10 August 2010 11:35AM
Orange has launched an online community for social entrepreneurs, charities and developers, designed to generate volunteering ideas for mobile phone users.
The concept generates ideas for quick volunteering projects instead of the usual time-demanding activities. For example, users could agree to fill in charity research during a 10-minute commute.
Orange will choose the best submitted ideas and convert them into a mobile volunteering app, although no time frame has been given as to when this will happen.
The mobile brand has already associated itself with volunteering through its RockCorps initiative, which offered rewards of gig tickets in return for time spent working for charities.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- PR Account Executive/Senior Account Executive Brand Recruitment £19000 - £25000 per annum, Aylesbury
- Account Executive Major Players £22000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad