Orange launches 'mobile volunteer' project
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 10 August 2010 11:35AM
Orange has launched an online community for social entrepreneurs, charities and developers, designed to generate volunteering ideas for mobile phone users.
The concept generates ideas for quick volunteering projects instead of the usual time-demanding activities. For example, users could agree to fill in charity research during a 10-minute commute.
Orange will choose the best submitted ideas and convert them into a mobile volunteering app, although no time frame has been given as to when this will happen.
The mobile brand has already associated itself with volunteering through its RockCorps initiative, which offered rewards of gig tickets in return for time spent working for charities.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager - B2B and B2C integrated and digital comms JEFFERSON £30,000 - 40,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CREATIVE MANAGER 35-45k London Creative Recruitment Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Account Manager - Mobile Loyalty Digital Gurus £25000 - £37000 Per Annum, London
- UI Designer - Unrestricted Creative, Prototyping and Innovation ADLIB Upto £25k DOE, Bristol
- Senior Account Manager / Account Director - Luxury Property Gemini Search Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum, City of London
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake