Orange launches 'mobile volunteer' project
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 10 August 2010 11:35AM
Orange has launched an online community for social entrepreneurs, charities and developers, designed to generate volunteering ideas for mobile phone users.
The concept generates ideas for quick volunteering projects instead of the usual time-demanding activities. For example, users could agree to fill in charity research during a 10-minute commute.
Orange will choose the best submitted ideas and convert them into a mobile volunteering app, although no time frame has been given as to when this will happen.
The mobile brand has already associated itself with volunteering through its RockCorps initiative, which offered rewards of gig tickets in return for time spent working for charities.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Orange RockCorps gigs suspension hints at demise of mobile brand
- Brands set for virtual march in aid of Beatbullying charity
- Jack Black stars as Gulliver in new Orange Gold Spot ad
- Diary: Pick of the Week - Poke/Orange
- Orange 'orange rockcorps' by Publicis Conseil
- Orange 'bright top ups' by Fallon London
- Mobile brands courted for anti-obesity drive
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- PPC Senior Account Manager : Top 20 Digital Agency Dylan Up to £40000, London
- Deputy Director of Marketing and Communications University of West England £54,827, Bristol
- Junior Digital Project Manager - Big Brand ADLIB GBP20000 - GBP25000 per annum, Wiltshire
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Shopper Marketing - 5 month CONTRACT- £180-200 day rate - Central London Judi Patton going day rate, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.