Orange launches 'mobile volunteer' project
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 10 August 2010 11:35AM
Orange has launched an online community for social entrepreneurs, charities and developers, designed to generate volunteering ideas for mobile phone users.
The concept generates ideas for quick volunteering projects instead of the usual time-demanding activities. For example, users could agree to fill in charity research during a 10-minute commute.
Orange will choose the best submitted ideas and convert them into a mobile volunteering app, although no time frame has been given as to when this will happen.
The mobile brand has already associated itself with volunteering through its RockCorps initiative, which offered rewards of gig tickets in return for time spent working for charities.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Creative Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment On application , Oxfordshire
- Senior Marketing Manager - Retail Campaigns Sky Negotiable, West London
- Senior Art Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment On application , Bristol
- Group Account Director Dynamic New Alliances £65000.00 - £75000.00 per annum, City of London
- Global Managing Copy Editor Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Depending on Experience, West London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote