Orange launches 'mobile volunteer' project
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 10 August 2010 11:35AM
Orange has launched an online community for social entrepreneurs, charities and developers, designed to generate volunteering ideas for mobile phone users.
The concept generates ideas for quick volunteering projects instead of the usual time-demanding activities. For example, users could agree to fill in charity research during a 10-minute commute.
Orange will choose the best submitted ideas and convert them into a mobile volunteering app, although no time frame has been given as to when this will happen.
The mobile brand has already associated itself with volunteering through its RockCorps initiative, which offered rewards of gig tickets in return for time spent working for charities.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Digital Designer Network Career Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Digital Project Manager Purple Consultancy £38000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Senior Web Analyst Zebra People £50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Digital Art Director Source £45000 - £50000 per annum, West Midlands