Orange launches 'mobile volunteer' project
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Tuesday, 10 August 2010 11:35AM
Orange has launched an online community for social entrepreneurs, charities and developers, designed to generate volunteering ideas for mobile phone users.
The concept generates ideas for quick volunteering projects instead of the usual time-demanding activities. For example, users could agree to fill in charity research during a 10-minute commute.
Orange will choose the best submitted ideas and convert them into a mobile volunteering app, although no time frame has been given as to when this will happen.
The mobile brand has already associated itself with volunteering through its RockCorps initiative, which offered rewards of gig tickets in return for time spent working for charities.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- PR Senior Account Manager, Consumer, London, £36k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £36000 per annum, London
- Integrated Studio Traffic Manager - Award-winning Agency - £35k Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Senior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £38000 per annum, Benefits: Plus benefits, Manchester
- Front-End Web Developer The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £28000 per annum, Stockport
- Head of Acquisition Salt £70000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- Will content kill traditional ad models?