Nike and Foot Locker kick off celeb-packed Air Max campaign
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 12 August 2010 11:00AM
Nike and Foot Locker are launching a pan-European campaign to promote the new Air Max 90 trainer, featuring Arsenal stars Andrey Arshavin, Marouane Chamakh and Fulham striker Stefano Okaka.
The "I am the rules" ad is the first to be created by Wieden + Kennedy London since it was appointed to the brands' roster earlier this year.
The campaign, also created by AKQA, will roll out from August 15 in the UK and August 23 across France, The Netherlands, Spain and Italy.
To celebrate individual styles, the 60-second TV ad features a range of designers, DJs, sneakerheads and athletes such as football stars Arshavin, Chamakh and Okaka and French World Champion female boxer and model, Ingrid Graziani.
The colourful ad features individuals expressing their creativity through various executions such as boxing and dancing.
AKQA has been tasked to amplify the buzz created through digital media. A campaign microsite, online banner advertising and a Facebook application will invite users to define their own rules and enter a draw for a trip to London to watch Arshavin and Chamakh from Arsenal from VIP seats at the Emirates Stadium.
Entrants to the competition receive an SMS that entitles them to claim a limited edition Air Max 90 wristband featuring the shoe colours from Foot Locker stores.
The microsite also contains exclusive interviews which reveal the athlete’s own personal rules they live by.
Jack Gold, Foot Locker European marketing director, said: "This is a unique marketing campaign. Its strength is in its integration across all aspects of the consumer experience from retail, to digital, to advertising."
For the duration of the campaign, staff at Foot Locker outlets across Europe will, for the first time in the store's history, exchange their world-famous black and white striped jerseys for the colours that make up the Nike Air Max 90.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Digital Designer (Mid-weight) Network Career Consultants £35000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager - Fashion Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary & Benefits , London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Proofreader Contract Corporate Communications Recruitment hourly rate tbc, London (Greater)
- Senior Art Director/Experiential Designer Network Career Consultants £38000 - £45000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)