M&S launches online TV show starring Myleene Klass
Marks and Spencer is launching an online TV fashion show hosted by Myleene Klass.
The 10-minute-long clips of ‘Myleene’s Makeovers’, created by agency Adjust Your Set, show brand ambassador Klass attempting to solve individual "fashion dilemmas" using clothes from the M&S brands such as Autograph, Limited Collection and Portfolio. The show launches today (19 August).
The programme targeted female M&S customers between the ages of 25 and 60, with Klass tasked with uncovering any anxieties about consumers’ clothing choices.
M&S aims to use online video content to help boost e-commerce sales, by developing a more "personal relationship" with customers and focusing on its "core values of trust, innovation, value, service and quality".
Simon Wood, head of web operations at M&S, said: "By hosting the content on our own site, and with that content closely integrated into the ecommerce mechanism, we can have a much higher level of engagement with our customers.
"Myleene’s Makeovers are entertaining, but they also help customers make better-informed purchases both online and in-store."
In March, it was announced that M&S was overhauling its celebrity-fronted advertising strategy, with Klass no longer set to appear in above-the-line ads.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Head of UK Marketing Communications Adam Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Manchester
- Associate Marketing Director (Global Education) - Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Chichester, West Sussex
- Senior PR Account Executive AF Selection £22000 - £23000 per annum, Manchester
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 p.a., South East England
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- The man who made Grey matter