M&S launches online TV show starring Myleene Klass
Marks and Spencer is launching an online TV fashion show hosted by Myleene Klass.
The 10-minute-long clips of ‘Myleene’s Makeovers’, created by agency Adjust Your Set, show brand ambassador Klass attempting to solve individual "fashion dilemmas" using clothes from the M&S brands such as Autograph, Limited Collection and Portfolio. The show launches today (19 August).
The programme targeted female M&S customers between the ages of 25 and 60, with Klass tasked with uncovering any anxieties about consumers’ clothing choices.
M&S aims to use online video content to help boost e-commerce sales, by developing a more "personal relationship" with customers and focusing on its "core values of trust, innovation, value, service and quality".
Simon Wood, head of web operations at M&S, said: "By hosting the content on our own site, and with that content closely integrated into the ecommerce mechanism, we can have a much higher level of engagement with our customers.
"Myleene’s Makeovers are entertaining, but they also help customers make better-informed purchases both online and in-store."
In March, it was announced that M&S was overhauling its celebrity-fronted advertising strategy, with Klass no longer set to appear in above-the-line ads.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Packaging & Design Network Career Consultants £34000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Brand Strategy and Innovation Consultant / Windsor / £50k-75k Trace £50,000 - £75,000, Windsor, Berkshire
- Production Manager Major Players £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Coco de Mer launches X-rated ad with Rankin and TBWA
- Fallon introduces stuffed duck to launch Cadbury Puddles
- Betfair to call £15m European media review
- Dave Bedwood to leave M&C Saatchi
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Wonga rebrands as 'transparent and responsible' lender after hiring Fold7