Nestlé to launch Nescafé Original 3in1 in the UK
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 23 August 2010 12:30PM
Nescafé is targeting the under-25 market with the launch of Nescafé Original 3in1, a combination blend of coffee, whitener and sugar.
Nescafé Original 3in1 launched in 2003 across Europe and its UK rollout next month will be supported by a "significant through-the-line campaign" undertaken by McCann-Erickson. The campaign will include TV advertising, which will kick off in January next year.
Nestlé, which owns Nescafé Original 3in1, is hoping the product will attract students and young professionals.
Katy Hilditch, head of marketing at Nescafé, said: "Convenience continues to dominate the hot beverage category, but nowhere is this more prominent than when targeting consumers under 25.
"Targeting this group of young consumers and growing their consumption of soluble coffee presents a great opportunity for the category. Research shows that they see coffee as providing them with a boost, and as an aspirational rite of passage."
The sachets will be available in two formats. The format for the grocery channel will comprise packs of 10 sachets at a cost of £1.99, while single sachets priced at £0.25 each will be the focus of the convenience channel.
Both formats will be in stores from September, as Nescafé looks to target the student fraternity returning to college.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Biddable Account Manager - Social Media - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager - near Bath Stopgap £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Executive Stopgap £24000 - £25000 per annum, South East England
- POS Marketing Executive Stopgap £26000 - £28000 per annum, Hertfordshire
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'