Nestlé's UK confectionery marketing director departs
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 25 August 2010 11:35AM
Terri Tinella, marketing director of Nestlé's confectionery division, is to leave her role and return to Canada.
Tinella has spent around 18 months in the role and is now moving internally to take up the position of managing director for confectionery at Nestlé Canada.
Nestlé declined to comment on whether Tinella would be replaced. But one source suggested that Tinella's departure is unlikely to prompt a widespread review of its marketing operations.
Tinella was appointed to the role at the start of 2009 and oversaw brands including Kit Kat and its Rowntree and Milky Bar ranges.
Her departure does not impact on the role of Vernon Bradley, who was appointed earlier this year to the new position of group marketing director for the UK and Ireland, as it looked to up the ante against rival Kraft.
Nestlé posted a 4.1% growth in sales in 2009. It is investing heavily in marketing in response to a restructure of Kraft Foods’s operations following the latter’s takeover of Cadbury earlier this year.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- PR Account Manager Adam Recruitment £30000 - £37000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Director Adam Recruitment £40000 - £48000 per annum, Liverpool
- Digital Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Bradford
- CGI Artist - Maya Based Generalist - Creative agency London Network Career Consultants £30000 - £45000 per day, London
- Junior / Mid Pipeline Developer - CG Studio - London Network Career Consultants £27000 - £35000 per annum, London
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media