Nestlé's UK confectionery marketing director departs
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 25 August 2010 11:35AM
Terri Tinella, marketing director of Nestlé's confectionery division, is to leave her role and return to Canada.
Tinella has spent around 18 months in the role and is now moving internally to take up the position of managing director for confectionery at Nestlé Canada.
Nestlé declined to comment on whether Tinella would be replaced. But one source suggested that Tinella's departure is unlikely to prompt a widespread review of its marketing operations.
Tinella was appointed to the role at the start of 2009 and oversaw brands including Kit Kat and its Rowntree and Milky Bar ranges.
Her departure does not impact on the role of Vernon Bradley, who was appointed earlier this year to the new position of group marketing director for the UK and Ireland, as it looked to up the ante against rival Kraft.
Nestlé posted a 4.1% growth in sales in 2009. It is investing heavily in marketing in response to a restructure of Kraft Foods’s operations following the latter’s takeover of Cadbury earlier this year.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Senior International Digital Account Manager - Music Accounts! Ultimate Asset £38000 - £45000 per annum + Great Benefits Package , City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager- Retail - up to £45k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40k-£45k plus bonus , London
- Senior Brand Manager - Consumer Health/FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£48K-£55K + Car Allowance + Bonus, West of London/Berks