Zoopla launches its first TV campaign
By Jennifer Whitehead, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 25 August 2010 12:50PM
Zoopla, the real estate website, is advertising on television for the first time with a campaign created by VCCP, to run on ITV, Channel 4, Channel Five and Sky.
The campaign compares finding the perfect property with finding the perfect partner, showing a number of people discussing the house-buying process in terms that could be used to describe a relationship.
The campaign breaks today (25 August) and runs for five weeks. It is part of a multimillion-pound marketing push that will also include print and digital advertising.
Zoopla said the media planning, handled by Vizeum, meant that 87% of adults would see the ad at least once during the first push. Vizeum won the £5m account in June.
Alex Chesterman, founder and CEO of Zoopla.co.uk, said: "Our marketing to date has been largely focused online and we are now ready to turn Zoopla into a household name, targeting property buyers, renters, sellers and landlords, so that we can continue to be the most effective marketing partner for all UK estate agents."
Earlier this year, Zoopla launched a free iPhone app, allowing users to obtain valuations on properties simply by pointing the camera at a building. It claims to have the selling prices of 15 million homes, as well as local information.
Zoopla.co.uk was launched in 2008 by Chesterman along with Simon Kain, who founded LoveFilm together. It is backed by investment from Atlas Venture and Octopus Ventures.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Creative Strategist- £65k - Well known FMCG Brands Gemini Search £65000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, West Midlands
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Email Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show