MediaCom scoops BSkyB's £15m online media account
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 August 2010 09:56AM
BSkyB has selected MediaCom to handle its estimated £15 million media planning and buying account for its online display advertising business.
Diffiniti, the Aegis Media agency, was the previous incumbent on the account but lost the business following a pitch process.
Sky launched a review in April for all its requirements across search, display, social media, affiliates and digital creative work in the UK.
MediaCom’s appointment is part of this ongoing process and Sky is expected to hire a digital creative agency and an agency to handle its search media in due course.
As well as Diffiniti, the media company’s incumbent roster included Brothers and Sisters, AKQA, Soup and Bigmouthmedia.
According to The Nielsen Company, BSkyB spent £8.2 million on digital media, excluding search, during 2009, representing an increase of 17.2 per cent when compared with 2008.
Louise Mullock, the head of online sales and marketing at BSkyB, has been co-ordinating the review.
Sky’s recent advertising activity has pushed its broadband and sports channels range. This week, it launched Sky Sports News in high definition as part of a push to win subscribers.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Trading Director - Media Agency MediaMigo Recruitment imited £50-60k dep on experience + benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director / Senior Account Director Experiential £55-65k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £55000 - £65000 per annum, London
- AV Buying Exec - Media Agency MediaMigo Recruitment imited £25-30k dep on experience + benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Sales Manager MediaMigo Recruitment imited Up to £50k basic + comms + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Executive (Full-Time / Permanent) The Zoological Society of London (ZSL) £29,081 (Inclusive of London Weighting), Regent's Park, London (Greater)
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy