MediaCom scoops BSkyB's £15m online media account
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 August 2010 09:56AM
BSkyB has selected MediaCom to handle its estimated £15 million media planning and buying account for its online display advertising business.
Diffiniti, the Aegis Media agency, was the previous incumbent on the account but lost the business following a pitch process.
Sky launched a review in April for all its requirements across search, display, social media, affiliates and digital creative work in the UK.
MediaCom’s appointment is part of this ongoing process and Sky is expected to hire a digital creative agency and an agency to handle its search media in due course.
As well as Diffiniti, the media company’s incumbent roster included Brothers and Sisters, AKQA, Soup and Bigmouthmedia.
According to The Nielsen Company, BSkyB spent £8.2 million on digital media, excluding search, during 2009, representing an increase of 17.2 per cent when compared with 2008.
Louise Mullock, the head of online sales and marketing at BSkyB, has been co-ordinating the review.
Sky’s recent advertising activity has pushed its broadband and sports channels range. This week, it launched Sky Sports News in high definition as part of a push to win subscribers.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- CREATIVE DESIGNER - EXPERIENTIAL AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Senior Digital Director Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum, Slough
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £36k - £39k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Junior Recruitment Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Tesco moves £90m media account to MediaCom
- Viacom pulls plug on C5 sales: more than 90 jobs to go
- Battersea's digital dog 'follows' shoppers in outdoor campaign
- Lego launches Facebook campaign that asks kids to create a kronkiwongi
- Pedigree launches global 'feed the good' campaign with BBDO
- Twitter hunts for UK agencies