VCCP and SFW land Microsoft B2B task
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 August 2010 12:00AM
Microsoft Advertising UK has appointed VCCP and Stephens Francis Whitson to handle its business-to-business ad account.
The agencies picked up the account following a pitch against Microsoft's roster shops and they will mainly be responsible for promoting the technology giant's advertising offer to businesses.
Microsoft's move to hire a B2B agency comes as it steps up its activity in the search space through its Bing engine and also builds its range of display ad solutions.
Separately, Microsoft is reviewing its global B2B account in a process handled by its head office in Redmond, Washington. The business is currently held by JWT.
In March, Microsoft kicked off a multimillion-pound ad campaign to help raise awareness of its Bing search engine in the UK market.
Both VCCP and SFW declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior CRM Executive lastminute.com Competitive Salary Plus benefits, London (City of), London (Greater)
- EUROPEAN ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - customer loyalty Live Recruitment EXCELLENT BENEFITS, Buckinghamshire
- Senior Digital Strategist The Industry Club London Ltd Circa £65k plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Print & Creative Production Manager - High profile projects ADLIB £40k + Great Benefits, South West England / Wiltshire
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film