VCCP and SFW land Microsoft B2B task
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 26 August 2010 12:00AM
Microsoft Advertising UK has appointed VCCP and Stephens Francis Whitson to handle its business-to-business ad account.
The agencies picked up the account following a pitch against Microsoft's roster shops and they will mainly be responsible for promoting the technology giant's advertising offer to businesses.
Microsoft's move to hire a B2B agency comes as it steps up its activity in the search space through its Bing engine and also builds its range of display ad solutions.
Separately, Microsoft is reviewing its global B2B account in a process handled by its head office in Redmond, Washington. The business is currently held by JWT.
In March, Microsoft kicked off a multimillion-pound ad campaign to help raise awareness of its Bing search engine in the UK market.
Both VCCP and SFW declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Marketing Account Manager Pitch Consultants £23000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Account Manager: Digital Agency - Exciting Brands c£30k - Based from Home / Flexible working Fill Recruitment Ltd c£30k plus bonus , Working from home / flexible - London
- Consumer Insight Specialist (6 months mat cover) Stopgap £30000 - £35000 per annum, West Midlands
- Digital Project Manager Source £30000 per annum, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity