Havas profits rise 23% after UK business improvement
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 31 August 2010 05:20PM
Havas has reported a 22.5% year-on-year rise in net income to €49m for the first six months of the year.
The French marketing services group, which is controlled by businessman Vincent Bollore, witnessed a 4.2% rise in revenues to €729m.
The net income figure includes the group's share of profits and losses from its subsidiaries.
There was a strong second quarter organic growth figure of 4.6% for the UK business, which Havas attributed to the media and advertising businesses [including MPG and Euro RSCG] and the impact of new business wins at the end of 2009.
First half organic growth for the UK was 1.7% , while the rest of Europe including France suffered negative organic growth. The US was up 4.9% and Latin America was up 25.2%.
At a global level Havas said it has won €1.2bn of net new business in the first half of 2010, which is roughly the amount it won in the whole of 2009.
UK new business included the Comet creative account for Euro RSCG, which was also appointed to the global Unilever digital roster.
Digital business accounted for 17% of Havas' total revenue, compared with 16% in the same period last year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager Dot-Gap £35k , London Central
- Video Executive Aspire £24000.00 - £28000.00 per annum + Excellent benefits, London
- Media Manager - Client Side! Aspire £40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, London
- Global Account Manager Dot-Gap €50k , Amsterdam