Danke Schons return in Virgin Holidays ad
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 September 2010 10:55AM
Virgin Holidays is launching a new TV ad in its 'Rockstar Service' campaign tonight featuring its fictional rock band The Danke Schons visiting a theme park in Florida.
The 30-second ad, created by MCBD and Elvis, sees the obnoxious band lying by the pool with a waiter serving them club sandwiches. One member of the band thinks the three layers of bread symbolise each album they have released, assuming the waiter is a big fan of theirs.
The campaign will run until 14 September across press, online and radio for the first time on Heart FM.
The ad continues Virgin Holidays "Rockstar Services" campaign that initially launched in May, resulting in a 9% rise in total bookings, according to the company.
Andrew Shelton, Virgin Holidays, said: "Rockstar is our most integrated campaign ever, and it has been great to see how it has caught the public’s attention – whether across social media or established platforms.
"The campaign launched during the post-ash cloud period, when our customer service offering was tested like never before.
"Our research shows that even during that challenging period, the campaign has strengthened people's awareness of our 'brilliant basics and magic touches' service message, and reiterated that what differentiates us is that we put the customer and our service first."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Campaign Delivery Executive Stopgap £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester