Danke Schons return in Virgin Holidays ad
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 September 2010 10:55AM
Virgin Holidays is launching a new TV ad in its 'Rockstar Service' campaign tonight featuring its fictional rock band The Danke Schons visiting a theme park in Florida.
The 30-second ad, created by MCBD and Elvis, sees the obnoxious band lying by the pool with a waiter serving them club sandwiches. One member of the band thinks the three layers of bread symbolise each album they have released, assuming the waiter is a big fan of theirs.
The campaign will run until 14 September across press, online and radio for the first time on Heart FM.
The ad continues Virgin Holidays "Rockstar Services" campaign that initially launched in May, resulting in a 9% rise in total bookings, according to the company.
Andrew Shelton, Virgin Holidays, said: "Rockstar is our most integrated campaign ever, and it has been great to see how it has caught the public’s attention – whether across social media or established platforms.
"The campaign launched during the post-ash cloud period, when our customer service offering was tested like never before.
"Our research shows that even during that challenging period, the campaign has strengthened people's awareness of our 'brilliant basics and magic touches' service message, and reiterated that what differentiates us is that we put the customer and our service first."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Graphic Designer The Great & The Good £27500 - £32500 per annum, London
- Account Manager - top agency in Leeds Perfect Marketing People To £30k, Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Senior Marketing Communications Executive Ninesharp £28000 - £35000 per annum + Fantastic Benefits, City of London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Retail] - Superb London Agency! Fill Recruitment £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, London (Greater)
- Online Trading Manager Premier Consultants c.£45k plus bonus , Central London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith