Danke Schons return in Virgin Holidays ad
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 03 September 2010 10:55AM
Virgin Holidays is launching a new TV ad in its 'Rockstar Service' campaign tonight featuring its fictional rock band The Danke Schons visiting a theme park in Florida.
The 30-second ad, created by MCBD and Elvis, sees the obnoxious band lying by the pool with a waiter serving them club sandwiches. One member of the band thinks the three layers of bread symbolise each album they have released, assuming the waiter is a big fan of theirs.
The campaign will run until 14 September across press, online and radio for the first time on Heart FM.
The ad continues Virgin Holidays "Rockstar Services" campaign that initially launched in May, resulting in a 9% rise in total bookings, according to the company.
Andrew Shelton, Virgin Holidays, said: "Rockstar is our most integrated campaign ever, and it has been great to see how it has caught the public’s attention – whether across social media or established platforms.
"The campaign launched during the post-ash cloud period, when our customer service offering was tested like never before.
"Our research shows that even during that challenging period, the campaign has strengthened people's awareness of our 'brilliant basics and magic touches' service message, and reiterated that what differentiates us is that we put the customer and our service first."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Retail Marketing Manager Hill's Pet Nutrition c/o SmithCarey Ltd Competitive salary + Bonus + Car + Benefits, South East England
- Senior Account Executive | Ã‚£25,000 | Automotive Dynamic New Alliances Ã‚£22000.00 - Ã‚£25000.00 per annum + Excellent Benefits , City of London
- Junior Digital Designer Gemini Search Ã‚£20000.00 - Ã‚£25000 per annum, London
- Middle-Weight Digital Designer Gemini Search Ã‚£30000.00 - Ã‚£40000 per annum, London
- Social & Content Account Manager - Travel - London Major Players Ã‚£27000 - Ã‚£33000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Freeview launches singing toys campaign
- In pictures: Campaign Media Awards 2014
- King backs new Candy Crush game with global ad push
- Campaign Viral Chart: Sainsbury's Christmas ad tops the table
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton