Barclays Corporate launches with consumer-style ads
By Jennifer Whitehead, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 06 September 2010 12:01AM
Barclays has unveiled a new advertising campaign to promote the Barclays Corporate division, which is aimed at larger corporations.
The campaign takes the relatively unusual step of using consumer-style ads in the press, outdoor and online to promote Barclays Corporate, which has a customer base of businesses with turnover of £5m and upwards.
It uses the strapline "the power to help you succeed" and has been created by Ogilvy. Media is through Walker Media with ads appearing in quality newspapers such as the Financial Times and the Daily Telegraph as well as The Economist.
Direct marketing is also an important part of the campaign and the division's new branding will be used on everything from the online banking site, newsletters and bespoke "pitchbooks", created for potential new customers.
Richard French, global marketing director for Barclays Corporate, said: "As our business is now focused on larger, more sophisticated corporates, our new brand must speak directly to this audience.
"The entire focus of the campaign is positioning the corporate bank as a financial partner for success."
Barclays Corporate is now part of the new corporate and investment banking and wealth management division, along with Barclays Capital and Barclays Wealth.
The new marketing campaign will also emphasise how Barclays Corporate customers can receive crossover benefits from these divisions.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 per annum + Car or c/a, South East England
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Qual Research Executive Ball & Hoolahan £30,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media