Phones 4u to sponsor Hollyoaks
High street mobile retailer Phones 4u has signed a six-figure deal to sponsor Channel 4's youth drama 'Hollyoaks' for three months from 1 October, following the end of the deal with current sponsor and camera brand, Nikon.
Under the terms of the sponsorship, negotiated by media agency The7stars and creative agency Adam & Eve, Phones 4u will sponsor ‘Hollyoaks’ and ‘Hollyoaks Later’ episodes on Channel 4, E4 and 4 On Demand
A spokesman for Phones 4u said the show’s quirky and humorous style was a perfect fit for the irreverent Phones 4u brand, both actively engaging with the core 16- to 24-year-old youth audiences in a fun, bold style that set them apart from the competition.
Caspar Nelson, head of brand communications at Phones 4u, said: "Our research has shown that 'Hollyoaks' is the most-watched TV show by our core customers, who can relate to its youth-orientated storylines.
"We're chuffed to be sponsoring such a popular drama that, like our brand, is not afraid to be edgy and irreverent in the way it engages its audience."
In April, Nikon signed a five-month deal to sponsor ‘Hollyoaks’ from 1 May to 30 September, to promote its Nikon Coolpix S3000 camera.
The drama series did not have a sponsor for the first four months of this year, but was sponsored by Mars chewing gum brand Wrigley's Extra for five years between 2005 and December 2009.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Business Director Aspire £70000 - £80000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- CREATIVE STRATEGIST - COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- DIGITAL PRODUCER - DIGITAL MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits, London
- OOH Field Sales Business Development Manager-£65k Uncapped OTE! Ultimate Asset £25000 - £65000 per annum + Includes uncapped commission, West End