GMTV replacement Daybreak brings 1m viewers to ITV1
ITV's new early morning breakfast show 'Daybreak' debuted with one million viewers, but lagged 400,000 viewers behind BBC One's 'Breakfast', according to unofficial overnight figures.
‘Daybreak’, presented by Christine Bleakley and Adrian Chiles, who controversially moved to ITV from BBC One’s ‘The One Show’ earlier this year, attracted an average audience of 1.01 million between 6am and 8.30am, a 24.9% share of the audience.
BBC One’s round-up of news and current affairs, simply called ‘Breakfast’, was watched by an average of 1.41 million viewers between 6am and 9.15am, a 32.4% share of the available audience.
The peak audience for ‘Daybreak’ was at 7.35am with 1.5 million viewers, a 27.7% share of the TV-watching audience.
The average audience for ‘Daybreak’ yesterday was 23.1% higher than GMTV's average of 824,400 viewers across the working days of last week, Tuesday 30 August to Friday 3 September.
For the week beginning 7 September 2009, ‘GMTV’ averaged 660,000 viewers between 6am and 8.30pm, and a 17.9% share of the TV-watching audience.
ITV took full control of GMTV, which was a separate business with its own sales house, in November last year, when it bought Disney’s 25% stake in the broadcaster for £22.25m. The rebrand of ‘Daybreak’ is part of the integration of the businesses.
The opening episode of ITV1’s new drama ‘Bouquet of Barbed Wire’, a remake of the 1970s series, won the crucial 9pm to 10pm slot with an average of 5.2 million viewers, a 20.8% share of the TV-watching audience.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Sales Manager - Exhibitions - Indonesia tfconnect global recruitment £30,000, Jakarta
- account manager collectivo Up to £32,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media