Dare to develop iPhone and iPad apps for Penguin
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 09 September 2010 10:50AM
Penguin Books has appointed Dare to develop content-rich iPhone and iPad applications for its books and authors.
The agency, which won the business after a pitch, will launch its first iPhone app for Penguin's digital division in the coming weeks.
Penguin hopes that the apps will help it to break new ground in terms of reading experience, and combine the enjoyment of using touchscreen technology with the best parts of reading an eBook.
The iPhone content will build on advertising activity that already supports Penguin's titles. Next week, the publisher kicks off an ad campaign for the launch of John le Carre's latest novel, Our Kind Of Traitor.
The campaign, created by The Assembly, launches on 16 September and will run across sites on the London Underground and national train stations.
The Assembly won Penguin Books' advertising account in July after a pitch against undisclosed agencies.
Penguin Books has previously worked with Beattie McGuinness Bungay, which it appointed last year to a creative and strategic brief to re-evaluate how it launches new titles.
Flo Heiss, the creative director at Dare, said: "Penguin's incredible stable of authors gives us a unique opportunity to develop apps for the iPhone and iPad that push the boundaries of what it means to read a book."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- PR ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Designer - World Renowned Branding Agency (London) Twist Recruitment £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + BENEFITS AND BONUS SCHEME, East London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs