WPP invests further in China
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 13 September 2010 09:15AM
WPP-owned integrated agency G2 has acquired a majority stake in DPI, one of Greater China's shopper marketing consultancies.
The acquisition is part of WPP’s plans to invest further in its fourth-largest market. The group's revenue in the market is approximately $900m (£582m) and remains one of its fastest growth markets. It currently employs almost 12,000 people across Greater China.
DPI's offices in Guangzhou and Shanghai employs more than 80 people. Founded in 1996 in Hong Kong, the company specialises in shopper-based design, retail space design, merchandising systems design, experiential design and environmental design.
Clients include Doll, Ferrero, GlaxoSmithKline and Nestea and Procter & Gamble.
In July WPP Digital, the digital investment arm of WPP, acquired a minority stake in Leading Smart Holdings, a BVI (British Virgin Islands) company with major interests in China.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Graphic Designer/Marketing Assistant- Graduate Level createselect Competitive Salary, London (Greater)
- Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £22000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager - Digital Agency ADLIB c.£35k + Benefits, Wiltshire
- Digital Marketing Specialist Brand Recruitment Ã‚£30000 per annum + potential bonus and excellent benefits, Huntingdon
- Sales Executive/Account Manager - Premium Music Title Ultimate Asset Ã‚£23000 - Ã‚£26000 per annum + Uncapped Commission + Benefits, London