Maxus adds former i-level head Lawson to senior hires
By Mark Banham, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 13 September 2010 09:17AM
WPP media agency Maxus has appointed Martin Lawson as global data and insights director.
Lawson is to be based in London and will report to Kelly Clark, chief executive of Maxus Global, and Lindsay Weedon, CEO of Maxus UK.
He will join other recent hires at the expanding WPP agency, who include Alan Hodge, Maxus Global group head of trading, and Adrian Carpenter, UK investment director.
Clark said: "This is a new position for our agency and we've given [Martin] a very broad brief that I am confident he has the skills and personality to accomplish."
Lawson's responsibilities will include new business and the development of techniques, tools, and consulting solutions for the agency’s global network and its clients, which include Mercedes-Benz, UPS and the recently obtained US brief for hair and beauty client Alberto Culver and UK business for telecoms company BT.
Lawson will work closely with Nick Vale, the agency's global planning director, as well as client leaders and data analysts in key Maxus offices around the world.
Lawson said: "Maxus is an agency on the move and is clearly making headway in markets around the world. I'm very excited to be a part of this rapidly growing network and I look forward to making a contribution to our future success."
Lawson was previously head of insight at i-level, the digital media agency that went into administration in May. Prior to that Lawson worked as director of analytics at media agency PHD in London.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Partnerships Executive - top UK food titles! Yummy! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + bonus, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Digital Marketing Exec (PPC/Paid Social/Display) - £27k-£28K - Salt £27000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Senior Sales Manager - Leading digital sales company! Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + Commission, City of London
- Sales Coordinator - Cutting edge, fun brand! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + bonus!, City of London
- Midweight Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Up to £30K, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign