Maxus adds former i-level head Lawson to senior hires
By Mark Banham, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 13 September 2010 09:17AM
WPP media agency Maxus has appointed Martin Lawson as global data and insights director.
Lawson is to be based in London and will report to Kelly Clark, chief executive of Maxus Global, and Lindsay Weedon, CEO of Maxus UK.
He will join other recent hires at the expanding WPP agency, who include Alan Hodge, Maxus Global group head of trading, and Adrian Carpenter, UK investment director.
Clark said: "This is a new position for our agency and we've given [Martin] a very broad brief that I am confident he has the skills and personality to accomplish."
Lawson's responsibilities will include new business and the development of techniques, tools, and consulting solutions for the agency’s global network and its clients, which include Mercedes-Benz, UPS and the recently obtained US brief for hair and beauty client Alberto Culver and UK business for telecoms company BT.
Lawson will work closely with Nick Vale, the agency's global planning director, as well as client leaders and data analysts in key Maxus offices around the world.
Lawson said: "Maxus is an agency on the move and is clearly making headway in markets around the world. I'm very excited to be a part of this rapidly growing network and I look forward to making a contribution to our future success."
Lawson was previously head of insight at i-level, the digital media agency that went into administration in May. Prior to that Lawson worked as director of analytics at media agency PHD in London.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Content Strategist aia worldwide Competitive, Near St. Paul's
- Account Director - B2B / Tech / Digi - TOP AGENCY - £NEG Fill Recruitment Neg, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review