Stephen Fry bio gets app treatment from Dare
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 13 September 2010 11:25AM
Dare has created an app for the second volume of Stephen Fry's autobiography, published by Penguin Books.
The app is the first Dare has created for Penguin Books since picking up the business earlier this month after a pitch.
The myFry app for iPhone and iPod touch will allow users to explore Fry's autobiography, The Fry Chronicles, by choosing the parts of the book they want to read though an interactive index.
The app will include categorises such as people, subjects, feelings and Fry-isms. Users will also be able to see which sections they've read and store them in their favourites.
Fry said: "The app is wonderful - really striking and original."
Flo Heiss, Dare creative partner, said: "MyFry is a really beautiful development of the classic way of interrogating a book through its index.
"What we've been able to do is take the index one step further, using colour, intelligent design and interactivity to fulfil every reader's natural curiosity and desire to explore."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £28,000, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Account Manager AF Selection £26,000 - £28,000, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Account Manager AF Selection £30,000 - £32,000, Manchester, Greater Manchester