Northumbria Uni team wins IDM student award
By Jacob Mathias, brandrepublic.com, Thursday, 08 July 2010 12:16PM
Students from Northumbria University have taken home the top and runner-up prizes in this year's Institute of Direct Marketing National Student Competition.
The winning team comprised of Nicole Anderson, Emma Boyle, Simon Burns, Anna Drury and Paul Middleton-Walker was Total Green Solutions of Northumbria University. Mosaic, another team from Northumbria, was runner up.
The competition, in conjunction with integrated marketing agency Tequila\ and the Carbon Trust had 150 student teams submit entries based on the task "to develop an annual plan on how to engage with the target audience and demonstrate the value in working with the Carbon Trust," according to the competition brief.
The Carbon Trust is a not-for-profit organisation aiming to accelerate the move to a lower carbon economy.
The 150 entries were narrowed down to two by a panel of judges from IDM, Carbon Trust, and Tequila\. The two finalists had to pitch their ideas to the panel.
Tim Bonnet, Tequila\ chief executive officer, said: "I was hugely impressed with the quality of the students who presented to us.
"Both teams showed a clear grasp of the insights and processes we need to go through in order to put together a fully integrated marketing campaign.
They'd also done some very interesting primary research to actually understand what motivates people in an organisation."
The winning team received a certificate and a cash prize of £1,500 and the runners up £500.
IDM provides training and qualifications for direct and digital marketers.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER Live Recruitment Negotiable, Buckinghamshire
- CRM Insight Manager Stopgap £39000 - £40000 per annum, South East England
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Is The Net Set a welcome addition?
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media