EA Sports kicks off Fifa 11 ad campaign
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 20 September 2010 09:15AM
EA Sports has enlisted football stars Wayne Rooney and Giorgio Chiellini to promote its latest soccer game Fifa 11.
Created by Wieden+Kennedy Amsterdam, the ad features Rooney, Real Madrid's Karim Benzema and Juventus' Giorgio Chiellini, competing against each other on a giant screen.
The ad aims to show how individuals can connect with friends online to play the game.
The two-minute ad was showcased on Fifa's Facebook fan page on Friday. It was screened on TV during Sunday's Sky Sports 1's Premier League match between Manchester Utd and Liverpool. The campaign will also run in print.
Edu Pou, Wieden+Kennedy Amsterdam creative director, said: "Fifa 11 is top professional football played by fans. You can’t get better than this. Our campaign celebrates this ultimate experience, reflecting how teams of gamers add their personalities to the game and enjoy the healthy competition against their friends. With Fifa 11 football goes to 11."
Last month EA signed David Beckham as brand ambassador for EA Sports Active 2, a line of interactive fitness products.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior UX Designer Purple Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London