EA Sports kicks off Fifa 11 ad campaign
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 20 September 2010 09:15AM
EA Sports has enlisted football stars Wayne Rooney and Giorgio Chiellini to promote its latest soccer game Fifa 11.
Created by Wieden+Kennedy Amsterdam, the ad features Rooney, Real Madrid's Karim Benzema and Juventus' Giorgio Chiellini, competing against each other on a giant screen.
The ad aims to show how individuals can connect with friends online to play the game.
The two-minute ad was showcased on Fifa's Facebook fan page on Friday. It was screened on TV during Sunday's Sky Sports 1's Premier League match between Manchester Utd and Liverpool. The campaign will also run in print.
Edu Pou, Wieden+Kennedy Amsterdam creative director, said: "Fifa 11 is top professional football played by fans. You can’t get better than this. Our campaign celebrates this ultimate experience, reflecting how teams of gamers add their personalities to the game and enjoy the healthy competition against their friends. With Fifa 11 football goes to 11."
Last month EA signed David Beckham as brand ambassador for EA Sports Active 2, a line of interactive fitness products.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Global Midweight Graphic Designer Source £30000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Senior Digital Designer Source £38000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Freelance Senior Account Manager Source £200 - £220 per day, London
- Coco de Mer launches X-rated ad with Rankin and TBWA
- Fallon introduces stuffed duck to launch Cadbury Puddles
- Betfair to call £15m European media review
- Dave Bedwood to leave M&C Saatchi
- Wonga rebrands as 'transparent and responsible' lender after hiring Fold7
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy