Lurpak signs up to Jamie Oliver's C4 show
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 21 September 2010 09:45AM
Lurpak butter is to sponsor 'Jamie's 30 Minute Meals', Jamie Oliver's new teatime show on Channel 4, in a six-figure deal conceived and negotiated by Carat Sponsorship.
The series will start in mid-October and run weekdays on Channel 4 at 5pm to the end of December, with repeats also scheduled on More 4. Each programme will show the chef cooking a whole meal from scratch.
The creative treatment for the sponsorship idents is being handled by Wieden & Kennedy, Lurpak's ad agency.
The idents will show real people cooking in real kitchens. Two members of the public will be recruited to appear in some of the idents via a competition hosted on the Arla Foods brand's Facebook page.
The deal was negotiated and managed by Maria Donaldson, sponsorship manager at Carat Sponsorship.
Thryth Jarvis, senior brand manager at Lurpak, said: "The Jamie Oliver sponsorship perfectly compliments Lurpak's point of view on championing good food and strengthens our 2010 campaign which has been celebrating the joy that can only come from creating dishes from scratch."
Arla Foods is currently reviewing its pan-European media planning and buying account, held by Carat.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Junior Artworker Network Career Consultants £12000 - £18000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Lead Communications Manager (SEO & PPC focus) Three £Competitive + 20% bonus + benefits, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- UX Lead - Up to £40k - Publishing House - Bristol Digital Gurus £35000 - £40000 Per Annum, Bristol, City of Bristol
- Strategic Account Director - top agency in Manchester Perfect Marketing People To £45k, Manchester, Greater Manchester / Stockport, Greater Manchester / Didsbury, Greater Manchester