Samsung offers domestic tips with online films
Samsung Electronics is promoting its range of home appliances with a series of short films showing tips for solving everyday domestic challenges, followed by ads for its products.
Four of the short films have been gathered at a dedicated website, SmartnSimple.tv.
The films will also be aired on Dailymotion.com and promoted through Facebook and Twitter.
As part of the campaign, individuals can enter a competition to win the Samsung robotic vacuum cleaner, the NaviBot, by uploading videos of their own housework tips.
The film with the most views will become the site's video of the month.
Andrew Jones, marketing manager at Samsung, said: "We wanted to create an innovative multichannel experience that bridged the gap between what brands can typically offer people."
Samsung's push into online video content comes two weeks after Philips launched a comic online video series allowing it to highlight its products.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency