Samsung offers domestic tips with online films
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 22 September 2010 03:30PM
Samsung Electronics is promoting its range of home appliances with a series of short films showing tips for solving everyday domestic challenges, followed by ads for its products.
Four of the short films have been gathered at a dedicated website, SmartnSimple.tv.
The films will also be aired on Dailymotion.com and promoted through Facebook and Twitter.
As part of the campaign, individuals can enter a competition to win the Samsung robotic vacuum cleaner, the NaviBot, by uploading videos of their own housework tips.
The film with the most views will become the site's video of the month.
Andrew Jones, marketing manager at Samsung, said: "We wanted to create an innovative multichannel experience that bridged the gap between what brands can typically offer people."
Samsung's push into online video content comes two weeks after Philips launched a comic online video series allowing it to highlight its products.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Content Manager Mortimer Spinks £25000 - £32000 per annum + + Excellent Bens & Growth opps, Rugby
- Online Sales EMEA Ultimate Asset £25000 - £75000 per annum, London
- Market Analyst Brand Recruitment salary dependent on experience , Great Yarmouth
- Digital Sales Account Manager - Media Owner - Automotive Silverdrum £40,000 + bonus (uncapped), London (Central), London (Greater)