Samsung offers domestic tips with online films
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 22 September 2010 03:30PM
Samsung Electronics is promoting its range of home appliances with a series of short films showing tips for solving everyday domestic challenges, followed by ads for its products.
Four of the short films have been gathered at a dedicated website, SmartnSimple.tv.
The films will also be aired on Dailymotion.com and promoted through Facebook and Twitter.
As part of the campaign, individuals can enter a competition to win the Samsung robotic vacuum cleaner, the NaviBot, by uploading videos of their own housework tips.
The film with the most views will become the site's video of the month.
Andrew Jones, marketing manager at Samsung, said: "We wanted to create an innovative multichannel experience that bridged the gap between what brands can typically offer people."
Samsung's push into online video content comes two weeks after Philips launched a comic online video series allowing it to highlight its products.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Search Manager Aspire £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Biddable Manager Aspire £35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned