Samsung offers domestic tips with online films
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 22 September 2010 03:30PM
Samsung Electronics is promoting its range of home appliances with a series of short films showing tips for solving everyday domestic challenges, followed by ads for its products.
Four of the short films have been gathered at a dedicated website, SmartnSimple.tv.
The films will also be aired on Dailymotion.com and promoted through Facebook and Twitter.
As part of the campaign, individuals can enter a competition to win the Samsung robotic vacuum cleaner, the NaviBot, by uploading videos of their own housework tips.
The film with the most views will become the site's video of the month.
Andrew Jones, marketing manager at Samsung, said: "We wanted to create an innovative multichannel experience that bridged the gap between what brands can typically offer people."
Samsung's push into online video content comes two weeks after Philips launched a comic online video series allowing it to highlight its products.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Creative Services Director Stopgap £50000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Senior Press Officer Brand Recruitment £33000 per annum + excellent benefits, Sandy
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014