L'Oréal brings marketing into executive committee
L'Oréal has prioritised the role of marketing in its future development by appointing Marc Menesguen to its executive committee, at the head of a new strategic marketing department.
Menesguen has been promoted from managing director of L'Oréal's luxury products division by group CEO Jean-Paul Agon.
According to the company, the creation of a strategic marketing department is a "result of the decision to anticipate worldwide evolutions, in order to steer the group towards essential transformations in the areas of strategic watch [sic], consumer understanding, marketing creativity, advertising creation, digital communication and distribution methods".
Menesguen joined L'Oréal in France in 2005 and pursued a marketing career as general manager of L'Oreal Paris in the UK.
Menesguen's former role has been handed to Nicolas Hieronimus, who was formerly the managing director of the professional products division.
Hieronimus is succeeded by An Verhulst-Santos, who was general manager of the professional products division in the US.
All three will join the executive committee on 1 January 2011.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Creative Director - Digital Network Career Consultants £80000 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Account Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £30,000, Greater Manchester
- Communications Assistant AF Selection £16,000 - £20,000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Digital Account Manager - Brand Accounts!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham