Laterooms.com to sponsor Gervais show
Hotel bookings website LateRooms.com is to sponsor the new Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant show, 'An Idiot Abroad', which launches on Sky1 tomorrow evening.
'An Idiot Abroad' follows Karl Pilkington, who also appears in Gervais' and Merchant's podcasts, as he is taken on a tour of the seven wonders of the world – described by the comedians as an "honest take on travel documentaries".
The idents, created by Beattie McGuinness Bungay, aim to demonstrate the site's offering by using the LateRooms.com logo as a base to provide brief glimpses through hotel windows across the world.
Pilkington has based his seven wonders on the new seven wonders of the world, replacing the Colosseum in Rome with ancient wonder, the Great Pyramids.
During the show Pilkington visits the Taj Mahal, the Great Wall of China, Christ the Redeemer in Brazil, Macchu Picchu in Peru, Chichen Itza in Mexico, Petra in Jordan and the Great Pyramids in Egypt.
Lynda Matthews, offline marketing manager at LateRooms.com, said: "Our sponsorship of the programme is a great showcase for the brand to an audience who are hungry for their next travel discovery and will love the great deals we offer."
The deal was negotiated by MediaCom Beyond Advertising and Sky Media. A spokeswoman for Laterooms.com declined to comment on how much the deal was worth.
'An Idiot Abroad', a Mentorn Media production executively produced by Gervais and Merchant, launches on Sky 1 and Sky1 HD at 9pm tomorrow.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Senior Sales Executive- Fashion & Beauty Video Ultimate Asset £27000 - £35000 per annum + commission and benefits , City of London
- Sales Manager - Ad-tech, Content, Video and Programmatic Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Head of Fundraising Brand Recruitment £40000 per annum, Peterborough
- Digital Designer Creative Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, London