ASA hires director of complaints and investigations
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 22 September 2010 04:30PM
The Advertising Standards Authority has hired a director of complaints and investigations, Miles Lockwood.
The role was last occupied by Guy Parker, who became chief executive of the ASA at the end of June 2009.
Lockwood, who has already taken up his new post, will focus on equipping the complaints team to deal with the extension of the ASA's online remit to policing brands' own websites in March 2011.
His last role was at the Legal Complaints Service, where, as customer services manager, he led teams of legally trained caseworkers investigating public complaints against solicitors.
The ASA has also hired Trevor Ellis as director of corporate services, which is an operational role covering budgeting, IT and HR.
Parker said: "Miles and Trevor join us at a very exciting and challenging time for the ASA and the wider self-regulatory system, and I look forward to working with them as we take on our extended remit in 2011."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Graphic Designer Nu Creative Talent £35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Web Designer Nu Creative Talent £35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, Manchester
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Global Digital Capability Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- 'We will always love M&S' says Walker Media in goodbye statement