ASA hires director of complaints and investigations
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 22 September 2010 04:30PM
The Advertising Standards Authority has hired a director of complaints and investigations, Miles Lockwood.
The role was last occupied by Guy Parker, who became chief executive of the ASA at the end of June 2009.
Lockwood, who has already taken up his new post, will focus on equipping the complaints team to deal with the extension of the ASA's online remit to policing brands' own websites in March 2011.
His last role was at the Legal Complaints Service, where, as customer services manager, he led teams of legally trained caseworkers investigating public complaints against solicitors.
The ASA has also hired Trevor Ellis as director of corporate services, which is an operational role covering budgeting, IT and HR.
Parker said: "Miles and Trevor join us at a very exciting and challenging time for the ASA and the wider self-regulatory system, and I look forward to working with them as we take on our extended remit in 2011."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Project Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £19000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Marketing & Comms Executive Major Players £28000 - £35000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Designer Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Designer - UI Designer Zebra People £30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Copywriter - Conceptual, Charity, Direct Marketing Agency ADLIB Upto £50k, Bristol
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers