ASA hires director of complaints and investigations
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 22 September 2010 04:30PM
The Advertising Standards Authority has hired a director of complaints and investigations, Miles Lockwood.
The role was last occupied by Guy Parker, who became chief executive of the ASA at the end of June 2009.
Lockwood, who has already taken up his new post, will focus on equipping the complaints team to deal with the extension of the ASA's online remit to policing brands' own websites in March 2011.
His last role was at the Legal Complaints Service, where, as customer services manager, he led teams of legally trained caseworkers investigating public complaints against solicitors.
The ASA has also hired Trevor Ellis as director of corporate services, which is an operational role covering budgeting, IT and HR.
Parker said: "Miles and Trevor join us at a very exciting and challenging time for the ASA and the wider self-regulatory system, and I look forward to working with them as we take on our extended remit in 2011."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Account Managers/Project Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Account Manager - Packaging - Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £33000 per annum, London
- Point of Purchase Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, West Midlands
- Web Development Manager Simply Media TV £34,000, NOHO, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity