BlackBerry to launch iPad rival
By Sarah Shearman, brandrepublic.com, Thursday, 23 September 2010 11:00AM
BlackBerry-maker Research in Motion (RIM) is to unveil its tablet device, dubbed the 'Blackpad', possibly as early as next week.
BlackBerry users are expecetd to be able to connect to the internet via 3G with their mobile phone connection, unlike the iPad, which requires a separate data subscription.
Binatone was the first electronic brand to launch a tablet device to compete with the iPad in August. Its budget HomeSurf tablet device, which runs on Google’s Android operating system, costs £130.
More recently, Samsung unveiled its Galaxy tablet. Unlike the iPad, Samsung’s device is able to load web pages built with Flash. It also has a camera on the front and back, a feature not included on current iPads.
RIM refused to comment on the launch.
Users can continuously communicate via email, voice and video call, SMS/MMS or social network, via its optimised user interface. Samsung has not released a launch date or price for the tablet.
Lenovo is also rumoured to be launching a tablet device before Christmas.
This article was first published on brandrepublic.com
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- SRE - AD - Quant - Melbourne/Sydney Elizabeth Norman International £30000 - £50000 per annum, Eastern Suburbs Melbourne
- Head of/Senior PR Professional PSD Group £65-70K , London (Central), London (Greater)
- PR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE Royds Raphael £22K-£25k dep. on experience. Ben include healthcare, company pension & 26 days holiday!, London (Central), London (Greater)
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad