Simon to move to Leo Burnett, Colombo as chief creative officer
By Bindu Nair Maitra, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 29 September 2010 03:23PM
MUMBAI - Joono Simon, creative head, Mudra (South) is moving to Leo Burnett, Colombo as chief creative officer. Simon who has been with the agency for the last three and a half years confirmed the move to Campaign India.
"When I joined Mudra, my mandate was to improve the agency’s creative reputation in the south and set up a competent creative team. I feel satisfied that, that mandate has been fulfilled," he commented.
Mudra’s South office has been nominated Agency of the Year two times in a row at the Pepper Awards, down south and Simon says their creative reputation is the best it has ever been. Mudra south won three metals at Cannes in two consecutive years, and added two metals at Spikes Asia last year. Some of the prominent wins that the agency's south operations has notched up in the last one year include The Week, Amrutanjan, Jockey, Nippon Paints, Ashok leyland and CavinKare among others.
Personally, he believed it was time to move on.
"I felt it was time to move on to the next challenge. Sri Lanka in one word represented opportunity to me. Post-war, it is seeing a lot of optimism, a lot of confidence. I believe it is going the next big investment destination. The new government is looking to encourage progress and development in a big way," said Simon.
Simon joined Mudra in 2007 in the role of executive creative director for the Bengaluru office. He was later promoted to the role of creative head for Mudra South, overseeing close to 40 creatives across the agency’s three main South offices, namely Bengaluru, Chennai and Kochi.He has 16 years of experience in the advertising industry and was with JWT before his move to Mudra. Besides this, he has worked across agencies like MAA Bozell, SSC&B Lintas, RK Swamy BBDO and Contract.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - INTEGRATED B2B AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, London
- Direct Marketing Executive Stopgap £26000 per annum, London
- Account Manager- Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £26k - £33k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- PROJECT MANAGER - LONDON - £30-40K + BENEFITS Salt £30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- 7 things Proximity has learned in the new Omnicom building