Simon to move to Leo Burnett, Colombo as chief creative officer
By Bindu Nair Maitra, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 29 September 2010 03:23PM
MUMBAI - Joono Simon, creative head, Mudra (South) is moving to Leo Burnett, Colombo as chief creative officer. Simon who has been with the agency for the last three and a half years confirmed the move to Campaign India.
"When I joined Mudra, my mandate was to improve the agency’s creative reputation in the south and set up a competent creative team. I feel satisfied that, that mandate has been fulfilled," he commented.
Mudra’s South office has been nominated Agency of the Year two times in a row at the Pepper Awards, down south and Simon says their creative reputation is the best it has ever been. Mudra south won three metals at Cannes in two consecutive years, and added two metals at Spikes Asia last year. Some of the prominent wins that the agency's south operations has notched up in the last one year include The Week, Amrutanjan, Jockey, Nippon Paints, Ashok leyland and CavinKare among others.
Personally, he believed it was time to move on.
"I felt it was time to move on to the next challenge. Sri Lanka in one word represented opportunity to me. Post-war, it is seeing a lot of optimism, a lot of confidence. I believe it is going the next big investment destination. The new government is looking to encourage progress and development in a big way," said Simon.
Simon joined Mudra in 2007 in the role of executive creative director for the Bengaluru office. He was later promoted to the role of creative head for Mudra South, overseeing close to 40 creatives across the agency’s three main South offices, namely Bengaluru, Chennai and Kochi.He has 16 years of experience in the advertising industry and was with JWT before his move to Mudra. Besides this, he has worked across agencies like MAA Bozell, SSC&B Lintas, RK Swamy BBDO and Contract.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Digital Project Manager Daniel Marks London £45-50K + Benefits., London
- Account Director or Senior Account Director (Partnerships) air recruitment £40k-60k, Central London
- Corporate & Major Donor Fundraising Manager (Permanent) deadline for 14th March Mayor's Fund for London £45,000, London Bridge
- Managing Partner Red Sofa London £90000 - £100000 per annum + + excellent benefits package., London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- Will content kill traditional ad models?