Farm lands £2m London Eye brief
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 30 September 2009 12:00AM
Agency boosts relationship with Merlin Entertainments.
Merlin Entertainments Group has appointed Farm to handle the £2 million ad account for the London Eye.
The agency won the account following a five-way pitch. The London Eye previously worked with Frank The Agency, but the agency folded in February.
The appointment will strengthen Farm's relationship with Merlin Entertainments Group, formed after Merlin and the Tussauds Group merged in 2006. The agency also works for Merlin's other brands Sea Life and The Dungeons.
Farm will be responsible for the London Eye's brand strategy and creative development as the attraction bids to cement its position as the number-one tourist hotspot in the UK. It was launched in 2000 and recently welcomed its 37 millionth visitor.
The agency will be expected to work across media channels including social media, online, outdoor, press and TV. The first campaign will launch in October to promote The London Eye's new ice rink, which will open in November.
Owen Lee, the creative chairman of Farm, said: "The London Eye is already a must-see attraction for visitors to London and there are a whole host of exciting flight options to keep Londoners engaged with a brand that has become the jewel in the crown of the London skyline."
DLKW Lowe handles creative for the company's theme parks and MediaCom handles its media.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- PPC Executive Dot-Gap £19k, London Central
- Account Director (Planning) Dot-Gap £45k + BONUS, London Central
- Account Manager Dot-Gap £35k , London Central