Farm lands £2m London Eye brief
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 30 September 2009 12:00AM
Agency boosts relationship with Merlin Entertainments.
Merlin Entertainments Group has appointed Farm to handle the £2 million ad account for the London Eye.
The agency won the account following a five-way pitch. The London Eye previously worked with Frank The Agency, but the agency folded in February.
The appointment will strengthen Farm's relationship with Merlin Entertainments Group, formed after Merlin and the Tussauds Group merged in 2006. The agency also works for Merlin's other brands Sea Life and The Dungeons.
Farm will be responsible for the London Eye's brand strategy and creative development as the attraction bids to cement its position as the number-one tourist hotspot in the UK. It was launched in 2000 and recently welcomed its 37 millionth visitor.
The agency will be expected to work across media channels including social media, online, outdoor, press and TV. The first campaign will launch in October to promote The London Eye's new ice rink, which will open in November.
Owen Lee, the creative chairman of Farm, said: "The London Eye is already a must-see attraction for visitors to London and there are a whole host of exciting flight options to keep Londoners engaged with a brand that has become the jewel in the crown of the London skyline."
DLKW Lowe handles creative for the company's theme parks and MediaCom handles its media.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Sales Manager - Performance & Brand Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Commercial Manager - Ad Technology Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus and benefits , London
- Account Director / Senior Account Manager (d.o.e) Creative Recruitment £40000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Digital Designer Creative Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'