Jacob's Creek to sponsor early evenings on Dave
Jacob's Creek, the Pernod Ricard-owned wine brand, has signed a substantial six-figure deal to sponsor early evening "Real Entertainment" on Dave, the UKTV free-to-air channel, from today (1 October).
The "Real Entertainment" strand will run from 6pm to 9pm, Mondays to Fridays, and from 12pm to 4pm on Saturdays and Sundays, and will include shows such as 'Dragon's Den', 'Ray Mears Extreme Survival' and 'Stephen Fry in America'.
The idents, created by Havas creative shop Euro RSCG, will showcase multiple ranges from the winemaker, including Jacob's Creek Classics, Jacob's Creek new Regional Reserves and Jacob's Creek Sparkling.
The deal was brokered between Aegis media agency Vizeum and UKTV's sales house, the Virgin Media-owned Ids, and runs from today until 31 March 2011.
UKTV is jointly owned by Virgin Media and BBC Worldwide, the commercial arm of the BBC, and it announced in July that its ad sales contract would be handled by Channel 4 instead of Ids, from 1 January 2011.
The 100-strong Ids will close at the end of the year, although Virgin Media is in talks with some members of staff about opportunities within a new digital sales team.
Ids managing director James Wildman will take up the role of managing director and vice-president of sales for Yahoo! UK and Ireland from January.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Retail Store Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £33000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show