Google launches multimedia ad campaign 'Watch this Space'
Google has launched a two-month multimedia advertising campaign called 'Watch this Space' today (4 October), targeting agency and advertisers responsible for online display spend.
The campaign started with online advertising this morning and will be followed by print and out-of-home activity next week.
DHM is responsible for the campaign's messaging and execution, Omnicom's PHD has handled media planning and buying for print and outdoor, while Essence has led the digital activity.
As part of the marketing activity, across-the-track print, LCD and dynamic escalator panel ads will run in Tube stations closest to the key agencies.
Google’s stated display efforts are focused around simplifying display advertising, delivering better performance and opening the display ecosystem.
The internet giant claims it can help advertisers get the best results from their campaigns by enabling creative branding campaigns, precise targeting, wide reach, and effective measurement.
The aim is to make display advertising more accessible and inclusive. Products such as the DoubleClick Ad Exchange, which enable publishers and agencies to buy and sell ad space in an open, competitive, real-time environment, are making it happen.
Bruce Daisley, head of YouTube and display for Google UK, said: "Advertising with Google used to be all about four lines of text, on Google.com and on our partner sites. We want to change that perception and prove that we are a display player.
"To prove how serious we are about display, we have decided to run a display campaign ourselves. This campaign is about the potential of display advertising, the exciting changes taking place and the opportunities marketers have as a result."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Account Manager - Business to Business Strategy / Creative Integrated.= Spectrum £30,000 - £40,000, London (West), London (Greater)
- Account Director - Business to Business Strategy / Creative Integrated Spectrum £50,000- £80,000, London (West), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager - Charity CHM Salary of £35,000 per annum plus pension scheme and Life cover , Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire