Google launches multimedia ad campaign 'Watch this Space'
Google has launched a two-month multimedia advertising campaign called 'Watch this Space' today (4 October), targeting agency and advertisers responsible for online display spend.
The campaign started with online advertising this morning and will be followed by print and out-of-home activity next week.
DHM is responsible for the campaign's messaging and execution, Omnicom's PHD has handled media planning and buying for print and outdoor, while Essence has led the digital activity.
As part of the marketing activity, across-the-track print, LCD and dynamic escalator panel ads will run in Tube stations closest to the key agencies.
Google’s stated display efforts are focused around simplifying display advertising, delivering better performance and opening the display ecosystem.
The internet giant claims it can help advertisers get the best results from their campaigns by enabling creative branding campaigns, precise targeting, wide reach, and effective measurement.
The aim is to make display advertising more accessible and inclusive. Products such as the DoubleClick Ad Exchange, which enable publishers and agencies to buy and sell ad space in an open, competitive, real-time environment, are making it happen.
Bruce Daisley, head of YouTube and display for Google UK, said: "Advertising with Google used to be all about four lines of text, on Google.com and on our partner sites. We want to change that perception and prove that we are a display player.
"To prove how serious we are about display, we have decided to run a display campaign ourselves. This campaign is about the potential of display advertising, the exciting changes taking place and the opportunities marketers have as a result."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Account Manager - eCRM & email, global brand, lots of creative and campaign execution Ramsden Road c.£28 - £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand and Marketing Manager Barclay Meade £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, Southampton
- Digital Creative Team, mid weight. Cutting edge brands leading London Digital Agency c.£35k each Ramsden Road c£35k each, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Fantastic Commission + Benefits, West End
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media