Northern Foods appoints Fox's MD to head up all brands
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 06 October 2010 11:53AM
Northern Foods has pooled all its brands into a single division headed by marketer Graham Hunter, managing director of its Fox's brand.
The appointment of Hunter comes after Northern Foods, which also makes food for supermarkets such as Marks & Spencer, said it is to take a £6m financial hit as it restructures into two divisions.
Previously, the group operated across five divisions: biscuits, puddings, frozen, ready meals, and sandwiches and salads.
It will now operate across branded (Goodfella’s Pizza, McDougalls, Holland Pies, Fox’s Biscuits and Matthew Walker Puddings) and chilled (sandwiches, salads, ready meals, and its British Airways supply business).
The restructure is likely to lead to a number of departures among its 500 senior management personnel. However, a source denied that the company is to cull 500 senior management jobs, as reported by some media.
The other divisional head has been confirmed as Kuldip Kular, who was previously managing director of its sandwich and salad unit. Other divisional heads are to remain with the business.
Hunter and Kular will report to Stefan Barden, chief executive of Northern Foods.
Hunter joined Northern Foods in 2005, taking on the role of group marketing director, with responsibility for category and brand development.
He was previously group marketing director at Jacob’s Bakery, but left the company after United Biscuits acquired Jacob’s from Danone.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Corporate Marketing Manager University of Westminster £43, 272 p.a. (incl. L.W.A.), Central London
- New Business Development Manager - Creative Agency - £15k to £20k OTE £30k to £35k Stonor £15k to£20k with OTE £30k - £35k, Northants
- Digital Project Manager Guru Careers £28 - 35k (DOE), Based in Farringdon, Central London (EC1)
- EXPERIENTIAL Junior or Senior Account Managers x 4, Account Director and Producers - perm/freelance Judi Patton £23K-£45K or freelance rates, London - all areas
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%