Northern Foods appoints Fox's MD to head up all brands
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 06 October 2010 11:53AM
Northern Foods has pooled all its brands into a single division headed by marketer Graham Hunter, managing director of its Fox's brand.
The appointment of Hunter comes after Northern Foods, which also makes food for supermarkets such as Marks & Spencer, said it is to take a £6m financial hit as it restructures into two divisions.
Previously, the group operated across five divisions: biscuits, puddings, frozen, ready meals, and sandwiches and salads.
It will now operate across branded (Goodfella’s Pizza, McDougalls, Holland Pies, Fox’s Biscuits and Matthew Walker Puddings) and chilled (sandwiches, salads, ready meals, and its British Airways supply business).
The restructure is likely to lead to a number of departures among its 500 senior management personnel. However, a source denied that the company is to cull 500 senior management jobs, as reported by some media.
The other divisional head has been confirmed as Kuldip Kular, who was previously managing director of its sandwich and salad unit. Other divisional heads are to remain with the business.
Hunter and Kular will report to Stefan Barden, chief executive of Northern Foods.
Hunter joined Northern Foods in 2005, taking on the role of group marketing director, with responsibility for category and brand development.
He was previously group marketing director at Jacob’s Bakery, but left the company after United Biscuits acquired Jacob’s from Danone.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director - INTEGRATED / Retail - £60k - £65k plus bonus. Fill Recruitment £60k - £65k plus superb benefits and bonus, London
- ARTWORKER - CREATIVE COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- MEC appoints first head of programmatic strategy
- Blinkx losses sound alarm bells for those in online advertising
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot