Northern Foods appoints Fox's MD to head up all brands
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 06 October 2010 11:53AM
Northern Foods has pooled all its brands into a single division headed by marketer Graham Hunter, managing director of its Fox's brand.
The appointment of Hunter comes after Northern Foods, which also makes food for supermarkets such as Marks & Spencer, said it is to take a £6m financial hit as it restructures into two divisions.
Previously, the group operated across five divisions: biscuits, puddings, frozen, ready meals, and sandwiches and salads.
It will now operate across branded (Goodfella’s Pizza, McDougalls, Holland Pies, Fox’s Biscuits and Matthew Walker Puddings) and chilled (sandwiches, salads, ready meals, and its British Airways supply business).
The restructure is likely to lead to a number of departures among its 500 senior management personnel. However, a source denied that the company is to cull 500 senior management jobs, as reported by some media.
The other divisional head has been confirmed as Kuldip Kular, who was previously managing director of its sandwich and salad unit. Other divisional heads are to remain with the business.
Hunter and Kular will report to Stefan Barden, chief executive of Northern Foods.
Hunter joined Northern Foods in 2005, taking on the role of group marketing director, with responsibility for category and brand development.
He was previously group marketing director at Jacob’s Bakery, but left the company after United Biscuits acquired Jacob’s from Danone.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Internal Communications Manager Stopgap £31000 - £365000 per annum + pro rata - 3 month contract, South West England
- Production Controller SAVVY Media Ltd £25K, Crawley, West Sussex
- PR Account Executive / Junior PR Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £18000 - £25000 per annum, Benefits: excellent benefits package, Oxford
- Marketing Manager Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Junior Consultant (B2B) / Candidate Manager (PR) - Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £18000 - £23000 per annum, Benefits: Great bonus + benefits, Richmond upon Thames
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith