Coca-Cola promotes Howorth to drive activation
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 07 October 2010 11:08AM
Coca-Cola has completed its pan-European shake-up of personnel, prompting the appointment of Schweppes marketing director Zoe Howorth to the role of GB market activation director.
Howorth will be responsible for driving through Coca-Cola’s North Western European and Nordics marketing plans in the UK in her new role.
The restructure has prompted the departure of 12 UK staff as of October 1 and the company said more are expected to follow.
Coca-Cola said the majority of the 51 staff impacted by the restructure in the UK have been redeployed within the company.
Back in April, Coca-Cola Europe disclosed that it was consolidating its 10 existing European businesses units into four, as it strove to drive efficiencies.
The business units were Iberia, Germany, North West Europe and Nordics (NWEN) and Central and Southern Europe.
The NWEN business is made up of Great Britain, Ireland, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway and Iceland.
The restructure prompted the departure of GB marketing director Cathryn Sleight.
Further personnel changes include Nick Robinson becoming My Coke (Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, and Coke Zero) director; Phillipa Classey taking on the role of marketing manager for its Glaceau brand, and Michel Gotlib being appointed integrated marketing communications director.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Project Manager Propel £201 - £400 per day, City of London
- Marketing Manager Guru Careers £26 - 32k, Based in London (N1)
- Digital Project Manager Zebra People £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, West London
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- Social Media Week: what social media has taught us
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- Branded Content sends messages ads cannot, Diageo boss says
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad