Coca-Cola promotes Howorth to drive activation
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 07 October 2010 11:08AM
Coca-Cola has completed its pan-European shake-up of personnel, prompting the appointment of Schweppes marketing director Zoe Howorth to the role of GB market activation director.
Howorth will be responsible for driving through Coca-Cola’s North Western European and Nordics marketing plans in the UK in her new role.
The restructure has prompted the departure of 12 UK staff as of October 1 and the company said more are expected to follow.
Coca-Cola said the majority of the 51 staff impacted by the restructure in the UK have been redeployed within the company.
Back in April, Coca-Cola Europe disclosed that it was consolidating its 10 existing European businesses units into four, as it strove to drive efficiencies.
The business units were Iberia, Germany, North West Europe and Nordics (NWEN) and Central and Southern Europe.
The NWEN business is made up of Great Britain, Ireland, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway and Iceland.
The restructure prompted the departure of GB marketing director Cathryn Sleight.
Further personnel changes include Nick Robinson becoming My Coke (Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, and Coke Zero) director; Phillipa Classey taking on the role of marketing manager for its Glaceau brand, and Michel Gotlib being appointed integrated marketing communications director.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Account Director Purple Consultancy £45000 - £55000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Director Purple Consultancy £50000 - £75000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Product Design Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £55000 per annum, Merseyside
- Comms Acount Director- Leading Beauty FMCG - £55K Ultimate Asset £45000 - £55000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film