Coca-Cola promotes Howorth to drive activation
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 07 October 2010 11:08AM
Coca-Cola has completed its pan-European shake-up of personnel, prompting the appointment of Schweppes marketing director Zoe Howorth to the role of GB market activation director.
Howorth will be responsible for driving through Coca-Cola’s North Western European and Nordics marketing plans in the UK in her new role.
The restructure has prompted the departure of 12 UK staff as of October 1 and the company said more are expected to follow.
Coca-Cola said the majority of the 51 staff impacted by the restructure in the UK have been redeployed within the company.
Back in April, Coca-Cola Europe disclosed that it was consolidating its 10 existing European businesses units into four, as it strove to drive efficiencies.
The business units were Iberia, Germany, North West Europe and Nordics (NWEN) and Central and Southern Europe.
The NWEN business is made up of Great Britain, Ireland, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxemburg, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway and Iceland.
The restructure prompted the departure of GB marketing director Cathryn Sleight.
Further personnel changes include Nick Robinson becoming My Coke (Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, and Coke Zero) director; Phillipa Classey taking on the role of marketing manager for its Glaceau brand, and Michel Gotlib being appointed integrated marketing communications director.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing / IT Support Executive - Permanent - London Ninesharp £22000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Head of SEO Ultimate Asset £60000 - £80000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , Hammersmith and Fulham
- Owned Media Director - SEO Ultimate Asset £42000 - £48000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Marketing and Campaigns Manager (B2B) Stopgap £50000 per annum + Bonus, South East England
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show